Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,167 Posts
Adding to the true confessions, Oskie was lying by the dining room table and he slid his paw under a chair leg. I rocked back in the chair and came down on his paw. The sound he made was heart wrenching. He was fine... Learned a valuable lesson and always look where is has plunked himself. Stuff happens but I just think it makes us more aware and careful.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Adding to the true confessions, Oskie was lying by the dining room table and he slid his paw under a chair leg. I rocked back in the chair and came down on his paw. The sound he made was heart wrenching. He was fine... Learned a valuable lesson and always look where is has plunked himself. Stuff happens but I just think it makes us more aware and careful.
So true. Maggie likes to lay very close to me so I need to remember this also!

Jules

·
Registered
392 Posts
I sliced Storm’s tongue when trying to cut nails. She loves to lick metal (she’s odd, ha!) and went to lick right as I snipped the nail. Our kitchen looked like a murder scene. We put her in the car and headed off to the e vet because it was the weekend. By the time we got about 5 minutes from the house the bleeding had stopped. She has a cut in her tongue to this day and we have learned to have two people on her when trimming nails. One to cut and one to keep her head out of the way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not a grooming accident, but I closed my car trunk on Gatsby's tail. His screaming was horrible. I bought a new, nice car for him in hopes he will forget the accident. But he didn’t forget, he no longer jumps in the car, and when the lid is closing he is watching carefully.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts