Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been transitioning Koda over to her adult food slowly. She is on her third week of transitioning. She has done great so far, loves the adult food much more. She tends to leave the puppy food when it falls out of her ball.

Anyways...she is now getting 1.75 cups of adult and .5 of puppy 2 times a day. We are running really low on the puppy and as this was the last week of splitting I really don't want to go get another bag of puppy food for about 4-5 cups worth. Do you think it would be okay to switch over completely to adult once we run out of puppy or am I messing with trouble jumping that before the third week is up?

Thanks!

·
Mardovar Goldens
113 Posts
I suspect if she is not having any gastic issues now, once you run out of puppy food your switch to all adult food would be fine. Any pics of her chasing her food ball around? :)

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I don't think I have ever taken any of that now that I think of it. I will do that tonight and post them tomorrow. She is so funny with it. She pushes with her nose but she found out that if she spins it with her paw she hits the jackpot so every once in a while you see the paw go up and spin it! :)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
no problem....just make the switch...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think you will be fine if you just use what you have. We switched Remington to adult food a month ago. It look about a week and have had no problem at all. He gets 1 3/4 cups in the morning and the same at night. He is a big boy now;). Time went by so quickly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts