Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Tis the season for all sorts of Holiday specials, and I just wondered what some of your favourites are?

On the movie front, I like:

The Bishop's Wife, with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven

Scrooge (A Christmas Carol), the 1951 original with Alastair Sim

Miracle on 34th Street, 1947 version

And I may be a little old for cartoons, but I love some of the classics, like

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, 1966

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, 1964

A Charlie Brown Christmas, 1965

Fantasia
, 1940 original

Any favourites on your list?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The original How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I have watched it every Christmas since I was 5 =)

·
Kate
21,682 Posts
Elf. :)

It's on a cazillion times over Christmas and we watch it every time. :D

Also -

Christmas Story
(CLASSIC)

Muppets Christmas Carol
(hums - It is the season of the spirit, the message if you hear it, the ways of love made clear....

Christmas Vacation
(Even after all of the years that we've been watching it every year, it still is funny...)

I forgot!

Santa Clause
Santa Clause 2
Santa Clause 3

We love all three... :D

ETA -

Non traditional ones for us, but ones I enjoy watching whenever they are on TV -

The Christmas Carol - The Patrick Stewart version :D
Holiday in Handcuffs - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one. :)
The Home Alone movies (I love the music in the first one)

:)

More traditionally, we usually watch the beginning of Jesus of Nazareth. That's usually what we do on Christmas Eve. :)

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
The Christmas Card
The Christmas List
A Christmas Romance
The Christmas Visitor
White Christmas
Christmas Vacation

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I love Charlie Brown (Linus's nativity story) and The original Grinch.
I also love the Lifetime Christmas movie "If You Believe" with Ally Walker and Hayden Pantierre when she was little. It is cute, funny and has the real Christmas spirit.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts

:)
lst time I saw it, I thought it was too goofy...now I love it. Love the messages all these CMas movies deliver.

I'm glad they keep replaying them..always fall asleep watching TV movies & I'm usually able to see the whole movie (in 3 parts)

·
Valerie
789 Posts

I watch it every time it's on too! Hubby gets so annoyed...I tried to watch it both times it was on yesterday and he made me change it both times...what a Grinch!

A Christmas Story is another one I watch over and over again. I could have swore it came on every Thanksgiving for 24 hours, but it wasn't on this year :confused: When it comes on Christmas day I try to watch it at least once or twice. It's always playing in a room somewhere in the house though :p: plus I own it so I watch it quite often lol.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Love to watch the following christmas movies:

A Christmas Story - Love Darren McGavin (remember him in the Night Stalker series) and the Bumpases
It's A Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol - B/W with Alastair Sim
Disney's Sing A Long Very Merry Christmas Songs
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Gotta love Burl Ives' voice
Frosty The Snowman - voices by Jimmy Durante, another great voice
How The Grinch Stole Christmas - narrated by Boris Karloff, yet another fantastic voice
A Chipmunck Christmas - a recent addition from the grand-daughters
Christmas Vacation - an all time favorite. Cousin Ed and Snots steal the show.
Dr. Seuss How The Grinch Stole Christmas - with Jim Carrey, another grand-daugther addition
Bad Santa, the unsensored version - racy but funny too

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation & ELF!!!!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Rudolph hands down. I don't think there's been a year in my life where I haven't watched it.

As far as new stuff goes, I love Jim Carey as the Grinch.

Elf is kind of funny too.

And for cartoon... Winnie the Pooh and Christmas, Too!

All for the one line "That's no Santie Claus... That's a Pooh!" -- Tigger. :lol:

·
Registered
367 Posts
ELF! This has been my fave christmas film since it was released about 5 years ago, I just love it!
Before that it was Santa Claus The Movie.
Jack Frost is a real tear jerker but a great film. I like the National Lampoon christmas movies, anything that is slightly festive has me glued really I just love Christmas:)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Im giggling away to myself thinking of all my fave ELF moments....the chewing gum-its not free candy, the syrup- i loooooooooooooooove syrup, the burp-did you hear that?!when he hears 'santa' is visiting the department store, the first time he sees the christmas tree in Times Square....the list goes on. I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm... some of you have mentioned movies I've never seen at all. I'll have to keep an eye out for them this year. :)

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
'Tis the season for all sorts of Holiday specials, and I just wondered what some of your favourites are?

On the movie front, I like:

The Bishop's Wife, with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven

Scrooge (A Christmas Carol), the 1951 original with Alastair Sim

Miracle on 34th Street, 1947 version

And I may be a little old for cartoons, but I love some of the classics, like

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, 1966

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, 1964

A Charlie Brown Christmas, 1965

Fantasia, 1940 original

Any favourites on your list?
I also love all those classics!! To me they are by far the best, though I did see a good one about a Christmas tree last year that starred Andrew McCarthey in it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

My favorite, also!! It was on yesterday and I watched, and laughed at all the ususal places
"SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!" and got choked up at the end when Santa's sleigh finaly makes it into the air. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
A Christmas Carol with George C Scott. It follows the Dickens text absolutely verbatim much of the time. And the characterizations are right on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts