Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its Christmastime and I'm one of those who shops for her dogs!

Duffy has stuffed toys, a kong, a kong wubba, air dog tennis ball with attached rope, puppy nylabone, an empty gallon milk jug for toys.

Right now his favorite toy is the empty gallon milk jug :doh:!

What is your gr's favorite toy? Looking for ideas for his Christmas gift.

Thank you!
Kris

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
Lincoln's favorite toy is something we call an "occy". It is a stuffed toy with legs on it. He has like 6 of them and he carries them around all of the time...even after he guts them. Austin just likes whatever Lincoln has!! Here is a pic of Lincoln and his "occy".

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
Hudson LOVES Gladware. He gets tons of it for Christmas. I put a tennis ball in it and put the lid on and he goes crazy. He loves empty milk jugs too;). Here is a picture of him with his favorite thing ever.

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Caue likes his balls, tennis, rubber Chuk-It ball. Oakly still loves his stuffed toys (which don't last a long time). His favorites are the famous ducks and pheasants but he also likes the more rugged "big mean kitty" and similar ones. He also likes his Wubba which is in pretty tough shape and due for replacement.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Rookie loves, loves, loves his Flying Squirrel. It's his favorite outside toy. His favorite indoors toy is his Chompion. It's practically indestructible. We even play tug-of-war with it and it stays intact.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bauer's current favorite is Go Dog Baby Dragon with Chew Guard. He loves this thing. We put it in his kennel with him. He's not a big fan of his kennel. We were out of town today and he spent some time in the car in his kennel. I went to let him out to do his business and put him on the ground. He was trying to jump back in the truck and I couldn't figure out why. I put him back up in there, he ran IN his kennel and grabbed his dragon. This is so out of character cuz he doesn't like to run in his kennel. But he didn't want to leave his precious Dragon in there either.

It's held up to his sharp little puppy teeth too.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kadence chews everything up right now, itis hard to find anything. If I leave them out sshe pulls the cover off tennis balls. Even the chew rope we had to take away. Kong, chewed. She loves the stuffed toys but they just don't last. Poor Kuper doesn't get many toys because Kadence will destroy them. I plan on getting the tougher kong, I hated the black color, but I see they make a bright blue now that is the tough chew kind.
They both have new ducks for Christmas & their first real beds. I found some big soft stuffed quilted ones at Marshalls for $30. Removable covers. I got them some new collars, and some type of hurley toy. It is S shaped so they can both grab an end. I want to get a jolly ball with the handle on it & the jolly ball with a ball inside the ball. I picked up a small hard rubber ball that bounces around, similar to a bumble ball but only has nubs, not the big projections like a bumble ball. So far, other than the dogs & a Kleen Kanteen for my son's girlfriend, I haven't bought anything else.
We got the 2 dogs this year so now we are broke, LOL. But, hey they are the gift that keeps giving & giving.

·
Registered
140 Posts
well if he is anything like my dogs this is the perfect toy:

Its called ZogoFlex on www.amazon.com

we have the blue ball and they are obsessed with it and they cant destroy it either!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a bunch of great ideas! The gladware - that's pretty funny! I have a feeling Duffy would love those, too. He adores empty water bottles.

Thank you!
Kris

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Well, like Duffy, of all the toys Sam has, his favorite is the 69-cent empty one-gallon water jug LOL. Second favorite is my hand! I'm loving all the ideas for toys that this thread has provided, though!

·
Eleanor's Mom
597 Posts
Eleanor's two favorite toys are her flying squirrel and what we refer to as her bean ball. The bean ball comes from ll beans and is a ball that has a rope running through the middle of it and a knot in the top. She loves the rope and will fling is back and forth after she retrieves it.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
As for REAL dog toys (the expensive ones that I continue to waste my money on! ;) ), Molson's faves are:
- flying squirrel
- stuffed duck or goose with the sound thing inside
- stuffed frog with sound maker inside
- nylabone with the blue ball in the middle
- and his absolute FAVOURITE is this (below) , the "Cuz"! It gets the award for the most annoying toy ever, but he goes bonkers for it!
Orange Ball Balloon

Now for the 'free' toys....
- Like Hudson below, Molson LOVES tupperware/gladware/ziploc containers - lid, no lid, doesn't matter...
- the little plastic measuring cup that comes with liquid laundry soap
- dirty socks
- empty water/juice bottles
- and the towel we use to clean off his paws makes a great tug toy!

Hudson LOVES Gladware. He gets tons of it for Christmas. I put a tennis ball in it and put the lid on and he goes crazy. He loves empty milk jugs too;). Here is a picture of him with his favorite thing ever.
Oooh, I never thought to put a tennis ball inside! Great idea :)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
and his absolute FAVOURITE is this (below) , the "Cuz"! It gets the award for the most annoying toy ever, but he goes bonkers for it!
Ah yes, the Cuz. I was actually inspired by the Cuz to create a thread a while back called something like "What is your dog's most annoying toy?" The Cuz seemed to win that debate. Rookie loves his too. The ears and feet didn't last a day, but the ball and squeaker still work really well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My boys favorite is the Orbee Tuff Ball and the Hurley. It's been weeks and he hasn't destroyed either of them. I'd definitely recommend the Tuff Ball, it's his favorite. He brings it everywhere and sleeps with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts