Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your golden's favorite toy? Please list just one toy per dog. Thanks!

Caleb's current favorite is his Jollyball. He just discovered that he can bite the ball part, not just the handle and he's carrying to every room in the house. :bowl:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Bama's favorite is a tennis ball and Beau's favorite is stealing Bama's tennis ball and taking it inside and laying on it.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Sam's favorite is his rubber bowling pin that makes an obnoxious squeal sound, and bounces all over in crazy directions when thrown.

Dillon's favorite is a rope toy because he likes to pull the pieces of string out.

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Chloe has a teddy bear thats her favourite.. and Cedar has recently discovered tennis balls which she LOVES!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Tysen favorite toy that he never gets to play with is anything stuffed-he loves to just walk around with it in his mouth!

His favorite toy that he actually gets to play with is his rope that he can play tug with if someone will play with him! He walks up to anyone or any dog and offer the other end of the rope in hopes that someone will pull.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Dakota doesn't really seem to have a favorite, unless you count a full 39 gallon trash can.

Comet, on the other hand, was fascinated by Glo-Balls.

Funny story. First night I brought one home for him, I set it under the lamp so it would 'charge up' really good. When bedtime came, and the lights went out, I said "go get glo-ball" and he went right to it and grabbed it and took it to bed.

Now, it's about 2:30 in the morning. I'm asleep, and Comet is to my left, facing me, asleep with that ****** glo-ball in his mouth. Still fully charged.

I wake up, and the first thing I see is this glowing monster staring right at me. Since it was the first night with one, and I was half-asleep, it really startled me LOL

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Merlin's fav toy is a BIG stuffed bear I bought at Petsmart after christmas cause it was on sale. It has a scarf and a red hat with a ball on the end. He LOVES this bear....carries it all over the house and shakes it likes it's alive and he has to kill it!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I demand that this thread include pictures! In that spirit, here's Comet with an icicle, one of his favorite things to carry and chew:

·
Cedar's Mom
851 Posts
When he isn't chasing a tennis ball, Cedar always has a stuffed animal (usually "bear-baby") carrying it, grooming it, using it as a pillow, & offering it to us when we come home.

·
Cedar's Mom
851 Posts
Oakly's Dad, Jackson's Mom, Beaushel, & Fidele:

Please read the thread about dangers related to tennis balls & others those size for large/giant breeds (if you haven't already read it). Hopefully you will elect to replace those tennis balls with larger ones after reading this:

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=52432
THANKS! I had just read it - frightening! And to think I just bought 2 of those "flingers" for tennis balls! We also have a collection of what I think are racquet balls - guess it's time to start disturbing the dust bunnies under the bed & sofa to find them too!

·
Joy of my heart
529 Posts
THANKS!...start disturbing the dust bunnies under the bed & sofa to find them too!
LOL-I started looking around the house too see where all those balls are hiding too! LOL-I think there's one or two on the roof, but hopefully I found all the others.

And surprisingly, Goldie, who is not a huge "ball dog" ABSOLUTELY LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her big glow balls. I don't know why she would prefer these over the others, perhaps intuition...;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Dakota doesn't really seem to have a favorite, unless you count a full 39 gallon trash can.
ROFL...and is this an inside toy??

Rusty had over 50 surviving toys when we lost him. I have no clue how many were destroyed and thrown out, probably just as many. He played regularly with 90% of those toys, and probably had 10 favorites. When my wife would vacum, she would pick up his toys and put them in his toy basket. Within 10 minutes of finishing vacuming, Rusty would go to his toy box, remove his 8 or 10 favorite toys and place them in strategic locations around the living room.

It's very difficult to say what his most favorite toy was, but the famous migrator ducks were certainly close to the top of his list.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Gunner's is his retrieveing "dummy". He sometimes grabs a stuffed toy but that is just reflex when someone comes over! LOL!

Selka is the big stuffed animal with a squeaker pup! He just likes whichever one is
newest!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts