Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Finn golden retriever 10 weeks old
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guy is 13 weeks and loves tennis balls and kong toys we can chew. Hasn't gotten to the squeaker yet. Lol. What are your puppies favorite toys and bones/chews? Are they too young for bully sticks? I'm nervous to add in any type of chews and bones right now bc I feel like he's close to be house trained and can predict when he's gotta go but also feel like he needs something to chew. Thanks!

·
Registered
Billie
17 Posts
My Billie girl loves her kongs! Also Buffalo Ears or Horns and Cow Hoofs, Sometimes I fill them with peanut butter or chicken broth and kibble and freeze. I don't do bully sticks that often because they are honestly in my opinion really expensive and they don't last long. Also for a special treat Ill get beef marrow bones at the butcher and freeze those and let her chew on those but let them thaw a little so not to hard and make me worry about her chipping a tooth. I am no expert at all but Billie seems to like alll of these and we havent had any stomach issues and or breaking of the bones or chews that would make me nervous. We tried an elk antler once but it broke, also if other dogs come over they seem to be a problem so its just easier for me not to have them around. I am also interested in hearing about some other fun chews!

·
Kristy
10,348 Posts
If you use the search feature, you can find a lot of good threads on this subject

Pickle Pocket
raw beef shank from the butcher, freeze and stuff with the same things you would a kong
Bully Stick
Westpaw Zumi size small
Starmark brand toys

outward hound and Fluff and Tuff are my favorite stuffed toys for tug, they hold up well, put them away when you can't watch

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Rukie was walking around this morning with 3 of his favorites. He thinks he is very talented to carry 3 at once. It is an Outward Hound squeaky snake, a Kong teddy bear that has a rope inside and a space blaster gun that came in a Bark Box which has lasted since he was a puppy.
Dog Dog breed Collar Pet supply Dog supply

·
Registered
399 Posts
We love the Holee Rollers! Beckett has 2 small ones and 1 M or L one.
The smaller ones have holes that are small enough to shove treats in there (kong cookies, sweet potato slices, apple slices) and they have to work to get it out. I used to get such a kick out of how frustrated little puppy B would get trying to get his cookie out 😂

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Spiky balls! All time favorite of both of mine! They also love Benebones.

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,453 Posts
My dogs love XL Whimzee toothbrush bones, Earth Animal No Rawhide chews, and frozen marrow bones from Whole Foods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts