Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite toys. I have given up on any fabric toys. Got a squirel toy made out of super heavy nylon balistic fabric and within 5 minutes the stuffing was coming out. So much for that$10.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Extra large tennis balls...they are about the size of a soft ball.

I have a golden retriever and a golden/lab mix. They both love to play ball and these are large enough that there is no worry about swallowing them. I bought them at PetSmart for 3.99 each.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
socks
empty boxes

Mr. Bear - Noah loves his stuffed bear
Scout - does not favor anything yet...loves it all. Noah latched onto Mr. Bear from day one,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Scout loves these toys, they are Ty Bow Wow Beanies. This is just the skunk but they have a lot of different ones. These toys have lasted the longest and scout caries it around in her mouth all the time. It's just amazing that they show little wear and tear. Scout has a thing for destroying toys that we buy for her, but not these.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750676&lmdn=Product+Type

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Bailey absolutely LOVES her Wubba! It's great for fetching outside!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Dodger's favourite toy is a tiny wubba that he got in his welcome package from the vet when he was a little puppy. He has bigger wubbas too but he loves the little one. Outside he loves to play with a big jollyball.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I second the jolly balls, wubbas, and of course ANTLERS. BTW, really good toys at super prices at petedge.com LOVE them.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
My boys don't chew up toys so they have a wicker laundry basket full of stuffed toys. Selka especially loves the nes with squeakers!

Gunner much prefers his retrieving dummies or the frisbee.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
To avoid having stuffing ripped out of fabric toys, I just buy the fabric toys without any stuffing in them. They're called Skineeez or something like that.

My female will rip most toys to shreds in seconds, but she adores those cheap rubbery plastic toys and has never harmed one yet.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Scout loves these toys, they are Ty Bow Wow Beanies. This is just the skunk but they have a lot of different ones. These toys have lasted the longest and scout caries it around in her mouth all the time. It's just amazing that they show little wear and tear. Scout has a thing for destroying toys that we buy for her, but not these.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750676&lmdn=Product+Type
Hank loves his "skunky". I think it's the crinkle sound in it's tail that is so attractive. He also has a giraffe (different brand) that he likes. I think I wash his stuffed toys at least once a week since they get so nasty looking.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I really like the Kong Wubba! She loves to play tug of war and of course she loves to play fetch! So I think it's the perfect outside toy for my Molly! Oh and the durable Nylabones to! They're great!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cam loves his latex (not vinyl) squeaker toys! They seem real thin and cheap, but are extremely durable and he has not destroyed one yet! Any other toy besides a Kong and the latex ones he completely demolishes:bowl:.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We pretty much just stick to Kongs and Nylabones since those are really the only types of toys that last in our house don't end up getting destroyed. We have tennis balls and bumpers for outside play. We gave up on stuffed toys since Tucker destroys then within a couple of hours of getting them, so they're just a waste of money. We also have a Wiggly Giggly ball that has held up very well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mad loves soft toys, but also pulls out the stuffing in no time. We have two skinneez toys and they are great. She loves to carry them around and play tug with them and they have lasted a long time!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Tons and tons of nylabones! We have them in every shape and size. Only things that last inside. Outside they also have a bunch of Kong Wubbas they play with, fetch and tug mostly, but if given the chance, Mira would shred those to pieces too... We also have Everlasting Fun Balls that they love to play with.

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
I hear you about the fabric toys. However, I still get them for my girls. I just by them super cheap (about a buck) and let them play until they rip them to shreds. I get the toys from the clearance bins. Tennis balls and nylabones are about all that holds up around here. Although, I must admit, almost all the tennis balls are bald now because they tear the fluff off. I hear "Kong" toys hold up well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts