Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our guinea pigs, Pepper, passed away yesterday. She was a very sweet piggie, who loved to quietly hang out with the family on someone's lap, or play with her friend Brownie. We called her Pepper-Turtle because she used to move her house all over the cage and stick only her head out to eat or drink, kind of like a turtle. I told my kids that some animals get wings in Heaven, but Pepper finally got her shell.

As a tribute to her, I would like to share one of my favorite pictures of her:

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
RIP HRH Pepper.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Love her little tiara! RIP little Pepper.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I raised Guinea pigs for my Ag project in High School. Got so attached to them. They really do make wonderful pets and very clean little creatures. RIP little one.

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
How cute seh was. My boys had hamsters and gerbils and we all loved all of them. Also a couple of rabbits that actually thought they were dogs. One was even litter box trained . You can come to love any animal. And it hurts when you lose them.

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
RIP... enjoy your shell. I've heard great things about guinea pigs. Remy keeps begging me for a pet guinea pig, but I don't think it's for the right reasons...

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Pepper

Pepper was SO ADORABLE-Rest in peace, little one!! Everyone will take care of you at the Rainbow Bridge!!

So very sorry, BriGuy!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Oh, just saw this. I am so sorry about your little piggie!
I love guinea pigs. Currently I have only one, his littermate died when they both were babies and I did not want to get him a buddy, since he appears to be fine by himself.
Guinea pigs are special!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
She looks like a sweetie. My thoughts go out to you and your family. She is watching over you all now, popping in and out of her shell! : )

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, just saw this. I am so sorry about your little piggie!
I love guinea pigs. Currently I have only one, his littermate died when they both were babies and I did not want to get him a buddy, since he appears to be fine by himself.
Guinea pigs are special!
Thank you! One of our other guinea pigs, Salty, arrived home with us pregnant (we didn't know of course). She had 2 babies, Smores and Brownie. It was so much fun for our kids to be a part of Salty's pregnancy and they were there when she gave birth. Here they are now:

Thank you everyone! :)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Oh, they are adorable!
I had the same thing happen to me. I adopted a female, already had two other girls and the new one was pregnant and I did not know that. She had three boys and I had to separate them from mom at age 3 weeks. They get sexually mature very fast, as you know, lol. I kept all baby boys, but kept all females and males separate. All of my little piggies afore mentioned have passed on. I only have Cuddles now. I can't find a pic of him right now, I will have to take some more I think, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts