Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems Miss Scarlett has eye boogies all the time now. Is it an allergy or just the change in seasons since the heater came on. I'd like some opinions on this please.

- Brandon

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I don't know Brandon. I do know that of our crew, Maggie is the boogie queen. I wipe her eyes pretty much every am. However, none of the rest have them. She also shows no other signs of allergy..... skin, coat, poo all a-ok.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well then I guess we're okay as long and Queen Maggie has em. *snickers* I dont think theres anything wrong at all It just kinda frustrating to have to wipe her face off every morning.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Well then I guess we're okay as long and Queen Maggie has em. *snickers* I dont think theres anything wrong at all It just kinda frustrating to have to wipe her face off every morning.
Well, dear, of all the things you could be wiping, her face is not too bad. ROFLMBO:p:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROFL, ahh the wisdom of a mother! Thanks I needed a good chuckle. Thank goodness none of the kids do that cept for the FA, she still pops out furballs with some regularity.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Dry, cold weather can make more eye boogers. As long as they're small, hard, and dark, I wouldn't worry.

If they're green or yellow, goopy, or they show up constantly, all day, that could be an eye infection. Also, if they're accompanied by drainage out the corner of the eye (wet fur from the corner of the eye toward the nose), I'd get it checked out, since that could mean a blocked tear duct. That tear duct runs all the way down the muzzle to the nose, and it's important for the eye's moisture to have a clear path all the way down.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the time theyre as you describe Tippy, Maybe once or twice out of ten days she has one that hard and then gooey. I'll see if I can get her to the vet. Sadly I think she likes the vet more than she likes mom n dad. I can say the vets name and she sits perfetly for me to leash her and she acts like a lil lady should in his office.

·
Fergus Roy's dad
217 Posts
Fergus gets them when we wipe them he insists on looking at them. Actually anything we remove from him he claims as his and tries to eat it. Including eye boogies, leaves, burrs, chunks of snow, etc..

Dave

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
A month or so ago, Merlin had a two week period when his eye goo was green. Just as I was thinking we should probably make an appt., it stopped and he hasn't had any since. Maybe the pollen was bad or something? Hard to tell sometimes.....

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
A month or so ago, Merlin had a two week period when his eye goo was green. Just as I was thinking we should probably make an appt., it stopped and he hasn't had any since. Maybe the pollen was bad or something? Hard to tell sometimes.....
Yeah...as an eye infection veteran (Gus had them about once a year), I can say that sometimes green just means irritation, not infection. Also, some minor infections clear up on their own. Isn't it nice how they get better once you make the appointment?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts