Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my boy got poked in the eye or something yesterday because when he walked by the white - make that pinkish red of his eye was showing a lot! I freaked out, as per my mommy overdrive forces me too. I washed out Max's eye with some cool water and that seemed to help. I'm thinking he got hurt accidentally when playing with Jake, a big goofball of a black lab. They love playing biteyface!!
Anywho, so I had some homeopathic pink eye relief eye drops in my medicine cabinet and I thought back to a recent list of human medicines - this was not on it but I figured to look up the active ingredients. All the ingredients were listed on vet sites and pet owners who choose to treat their dogs homeopathically when they can. So 2 doses yesterday and his eye looks so much better! Whew!!
So I wanted to share that, this stuff is called Similasan and if your dog gets a poke to the white of their eye, it's a lot more inexpensive than a vet visit. Of course, if he doesn't continue to improve, I will take him to the vet - but so far so good!! If I had money growing out of my ears, I'd for sure take him first thing - but that's not the case and I know that's not the case for a lot of people.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
I hope that Max's eye is better soon. I always worried about Bailey's eyes when she was harrassing the cats, that they would scratch them. Good thing it never happened, the cats have very sharp claws.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Glad that his eye is better. If he is like my boys they love to play rough bitey face and it worries me but so far no one hurt.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Oh poor boy! Good thing he's got such a great mom to take care of him. Thanks for the tip on the eye drops. I've written it down so if I ever need it I know what to get.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got them at a rite aid. Here is the full name:

Similsan Homeopathic Pink Eye Relief

Conjuntivitis is another name for pink eye like that - this soothes and treats the eye. It seems to be working great for Max!!

This is NOT visine or drug CO related - this is a homeopathic / kind of like herb based kind of thing so I wouldn't get her anything along Visine, etc. lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.