Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you clip the hair so that a Golden Retriever Rescue Tatoo can be seen for identification?

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
One of the reasons I don't tattoo my guys - figuring even most dog-savvy people (myself included) wouldn't flip a strange dog over if they found one running loose...With a golden tattoos are probably more visible than other dogs with dark skin...I guess that doesn't help with your question though - if I relied on a tattoo as my dog's primary form of identification I probably would keep the area clipped and easily (as possible) visible.
E

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Comet has a tattoo of his AKC number that the breeder had done. I registered it with AKC CAR, but it's not very visible unless you're looking. I plan to have him microchipped when he's neutered, just to play it safe. I've thought about clippering the area, but you'd have to really look for it anyway, so I figured a pound would take a careful look when trying to identify him and that clippering wouldn't make a difference either way.

·
Registered
776 Posts
maddison's tatoo is in her ear so it is always easy to see...i just wonder if anyone would look in there...she is microchipped as well though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts