Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr. Fancy Pants and Roo
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a kitty called Spooky, (also nicknamed: small, evil cat, or bipolar cat) who hated to be petted. She didn't let my SO touch her at all, and she tolerated me petting her for short periods of time then she would decide that she hsd enough and started to growl. Now she walks around talking until I call her and then comes and curls up beside me for as long as I'm on the couch.

Now I guess she's a quasi-evil cat?.. haha

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
It's sweet that she's warming up now. :) I volunteer at our local SPCA to pet the cats...they really can be capricious! I worked with one the other day that was begging for attention and when she got it, jumped and started biting and scratching me. They are fascinating creatures. :D

·
Charlotte
6,232 Posts
We have four cats.
Jasmine, aka, Grumpy, has bitten me three times. Now I know to keep my hands out of reach. Funny thing, she loves to sleep on my pillow and wrap her paws around my head.She likes to snuggle, but on her own terms.

·
Mr. Fancy Pants and Roo
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha yes! She has lots of attitude.

When my SO and I were first together, (our) cat Bifacus used to attack my head in the middle of the night. I would wake up and Bif would be attacking my skull with all four clawed-paws while biting. She and I are close now, but I'm sure that I still have scars. She still loves to give random love-bites every so often though and sleeps on my pillow.
Cats have a "special" relationships with humans..haha

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a cat that was like that. She mostly snuggled with me, but only when she wanted to. She would hide when anyone came over. Some of our close friends didn't even know we had a cat for years. It was just her with DH and I for 5 years before our son was born. Then she started to come out a little more since she wasn't getting as much attention. Then after we moved we got a chihuahau, then another cat. She finally decided she better come to us anytime we are close or she isn't going to get any attention. lol. We eventually got rid of the chihuaha and got our golden Milla. The dog doesn't go upstairs, so whenever I'm up there, my cat is always with me no matter where I am.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts