Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've learned a lot reading posts, but the requirements and testing are different and I'm hoping people that are more familiar with European Breeder/lines could recommend some people to me.

I live in Germany, but my German is painfully awful so it's very slow trying to read through the web pages. I would certainly be willing to go further afield to look for a dog, but if all things were equal, I'd rather get a puppy in Germany, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, or France. For those of you familiar with pups in this region, could you give me an estimate of what a well bred pup would cost?

Health, and hopefully longevity, are my first concerns, followed by temperament, type, color, etc.. The pale blondes have always made my breath catch, but I share my home with a dish-water blonde of very uncertain heritage (definitely a non-Golden randy grandfather) and she makes me gasp with delight daily. So color is not a deal breaker no matter what. I want a well rounded dog that I can take anywhere and do anything with. I lost my first Golden to cancer, my 2nd dog to kidney disease, and health has become the critical issue. I understand there are not guarantees, but I want to do what I can to stack the deck in my favor.

So does anyone have suggestions on a breeder or tips for find a reputable breeder in Europe?

·
goldenfan
695 Posts
I have contacts in Germany through the German club and also in France. If you pm me I can give you some information about who to contact to buy a puppy from a reputable breeder. Cost is above UK prices which are around £700 to £800 Annef

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Realise that as a new member you cannot PM me so have sent you a visitor message with contact details. Annef

Darenka, this lady (Anne) KNOWS what she is talking about. I do not think you can go wrong following her lead.

Reactions: Darenka

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much. I appreciate both the information and the endorsement! I'm not in a rush, but when I get the new family member I'll be sure to post pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts