Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is SO nice today that I decided to take Enzo for a long walk at the nature preserve after work instead of his shorter walk around the neighborhood. He loves it because neighborhood walks are a little more regimented - he has to sit whenever a car passes, is on a 6 ft. leash, etc. At the nature preserve, I pull out his 50 ft. lead and let him do whatever he wants. We go at his pace and he can sniff at anything his heart desires. Anyway, we had a great time. There's a lake there (where they don't allow any swimming or wading) and the trail to it just leads to a big deck area. It's all fenced in. Enzo ran that fence for a good 20 minutes, trying to find a hole he could fit through to get to the water and the ducks. lol I know it looks dark in a lot of these pics...I need to get an external flash for my camera. It's not bright enough for those dark woods. Enjoy!

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
ahhhh... beautiful pictures Sam!!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Lovely. I didn't know his belly and tail were so light. Just remember the close ups like the ones you submitted for the banner and his being red. And he is so nice and lean. Makes Jaro look like a tubby.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'd be better without the flash during the day, but this was when the sun was starting to set. Without the flash, I couldn't see a thing! lol For example...

Not sure why his eyes are glowing because the flash was off in that one, I think...??

Attachments

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He eats Fromm's 4 Star Line.

He's just about 25 1/2 inches tall at the withers and weighs 67 lbs. We've been upping his weight back up since he got sick in April and was down to about 62 lbs. I can feel his ribs easily, but they don't stick out and I don't see them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tobey is about that height as well, and weighed in at 68lbs the last time I weighed him. He has food allergies and can't eat chicken, beef, bison... and he's been doing ok on California Natural Venison, but he's been getting ear infections again... I don't think they sell that brand here in Hawaii... Wish I could find him a good food that he doesn't have a reaction to and that made his coat look nice and healthy like Enzo's...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Wow Sam! You've been busy! Enzo looks soooo happy! I love the idea of a 50ft leash. Is that one of those cotton ones that I've seen in the 30ft version?

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow Sam! You've been busy! Enzo looks soooo happy! I love the idea of a 50ft leash. Is that one of those cotton ones that I've seen in the 30ft version?

Yep! We actually got ours at Wal-Mart for about $8. Definitely worth checking out. =)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I think Enzo looks great at his current weight. But you and your vet are the best judge. His coat is gorgeous! That tail of his wows me!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Beautiful pictures and dog! He looks good to me as long as he doesn't get any skinnier. Is there anywhere you can take him where he can swim? He really wants to jump in and I don't blame him!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts