Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you are topping dog's kibble off with just a tablespoon or two of extras, fine. More than that, NO. You don't want to unbalance main diet. Be sure to add water & enough exercise as can tolerate, may help w. constipation. If not, ask vet. Unless your vet recommended, skip kafir.

I am trained in science, many of the FB group moderators are vets, none of us recommend taking advice from a holistic vet on the internet, because as I said, we trust the evidence.

It's NOT just peas!
SUSPECT ingredients: peas, legumes of any kind (garbanzo, alfalfa too), potatos, reg. & sweet (& I assume yams) AND exotic proteins (kangaroo. bison, venison ... I don't do exotic grains either). The traditional familiar proteins, most studied, are chicken & beef. Fish less studied, also more likely to be contaminated w. heavy metals than the tried & true, even if it comes from the big four co.s
Lamb is more difficult to work with than chicken or beef - big four should get it right, but the small co.s not likely!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wanted to stop by and thank you all for your time and generous information. I apologize for not coming on and updating. It's been rough for me and I'm still suffering emotional loss of my beloved Maggie. She passed away May 2 surrounded by myself and my three kids. She went into cardiac arrest the night before and I rushed her to emergency. She had echo cardiogram done and she had DCM. She also had cancer in her spleen, right adrenal gland, stomach, lymph glands and her lungs.
Blood work just three weeks prior showed no issues with WBC. And vet said blood work was unremarkable. Her lymphs was raised and I questioned this and he said he WBC is fine so not a concern. Her u/s showed nothing nor did x Ray according to my vet. Except enlarged heart and diagnosed with DCM. Placed on meds. Awaiting echo cardiogram apt. which was about 4 weeks. My vet insisted it was arthritis though. Ugh and I disagreed !!

. 3.5 weeks later cardiac arrest(evening of may 1)....I rushed her to emergency (a different vet hospital then my own) I asked them to run any test they could to give me a proper diagnoses. They placed her on oxygen and we stayed with her till midnight. They kept he rover night and the next day I got the hard news. And had to make a tough decision of letting her go. Our family spent the afternoon with her and then we all loved her and sang to her as she passed away. She loved the you are my sunshine song so we pet her and sang this to her as she crossed over to rainbow bridge.

I am devastated and I am still mourning her loss. She was best friend and I loved her. I doesn't every part of my day with her. I am struggling.

Thank you for listening and I apologize for mistakes or errors I'm still bit myself.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I wanted to stop by and thank you all for your time and generous information. I apologize for not coming on and updating. It's been rough for me and I'm still suffering emotional loss of my beloved Maggie. She passed away May 2 surrounded by myself and my three kids. She went into cardiac arrest the night before and I rushed her to emergency. She had echo cardiogram done and she had DCM. She also had cancer in her spleen, right adrenal gland, stomach, lymph glands and her lungs.
Blood work just three weeks prior showed no issues with WBC. And vet said blood work was unremarkable. Her lymphs was raised and I questioned this and he said he WBC is fine so not a concern. Her u/s showed nothing nor did x Ray according to my vet. Except enlarged heart and diagnosed with DCM. Placed on meds. Awaiting echo cardiogram apt. which was about 4 weeks. My vet insisted it was arthritis though. Ugh and I disagreed !!

. 3.5 weeks later cardiac arrest(evening of may 1)....I rushed her to emergency (a different vet hospital then my own) I asked them to run any test they could to give me a proper diagnoses. They placed her on oxygen and we stayed with her till midnight. They kept he rover night and the next day I got the hard news. And had to make a tough decision of letting her go. Our family spent the afternoon with her and then we all loved her and sang to her as she passed away. She loved the you are my sunshine song so we pet her and sang this to her as she crossed over to rainbow bridge.

I am devastated and I am still mourning her loss. She was best friend and I loved her. I doesn't every part of my day with her. I am struggling.

Thank you for listening and I apologize for mistakes or errors I'm still bit myself.
I'm so sorry for you loss. My sweet baby passed on Wednesday and I feel like quite the zombie in between crying tons of tears. It's so hard. I felt the same way about my Luke. He was nine and had cancer. I hope one day you get to the point where you have some peace and are able to smile at the memories. I love that you sang too Maggie. I sang to Luke too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Diane0905 I'm so sorry for your loss as well, hugs to you and again I am sorry for the loss of Luke. I get it....the tears....ugh the emptiness....I'm devastated and feel so lonely without her....it's hard...I love that you sang to Luke as well. I was so grateful to be with Maggie as she passed over to rainbow bridge. It was hard to watch but I was so glad to be by her side.

Rion05 and Carolina Mom thank you kindly ❤??Your words mean a lot.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts