Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

As some of you know I have a lovely (almost) four year old male golden, and I'm getting the puppy itch :) I would love to find a breeder in PA that has "English-style" pups (I understand there's no such thing as English Cream so we need not get into that!) What I am looking for is a very light color, blocky head, stockier build, etc...I live in PA and it would be great if anyone could recommend a breeder nearby.

Thank you!

-Kim

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your willing to travel, I just recently got a very light english type golden from Goldnote Goldens in Canada. You can see his pictures on the intro tread his Name is Rookie. The drive is really not that bad. I left here on a Friday afternoon and stayed overnight in Niagara Falls (hotels are not expensive this time of year). Got to goldnote before noon the next day and was on my way home by 4 PM. THe drive from there New Jersey was 8 1/2 hrs with 3 stops for the pup. The golden I got is a dream, he was 5 months old and extensively socialized and trained. Bruce, the owner of Goldnote, also runs a dog training school and he takes all of his pup to the classes with him. I know he had several others avaialble. 3 - 5 months old and they were all beautiful. Someone else on this forum from Maryland also went up there to get a dog.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
When I was looking I found Gazn Goldens in NE Pa. I ended up going to Massachusetts though because of timing. If you want to make the trip there is Beau Gest goldens and Stonelege Goldens.

·
The Truth Is Out There
258 Posts
looked at Garden Goldens webs site, they seem to have everything in place. Nicely bred dog and all clearance's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts