Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm so sorry! I've been wondering about Kaizer lately. I know how hard it is to lose your best friend. You were amazing throughout this last year, and I'm sure he knew how loved he was and that he will never be forgotten. I hope Eden can adjust to his being gone.

Oh, and I just gotta say, that is a beautiful picture of you and him! Two beauties!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It's so hard. You miss them and then you think you're okay, and you are, but you have to believe you did the right thing. I still tear up when I think about Duke. For some reason Kaizer's story reminds me so much of Duke's. I was playing in the yard the other day and went to call Cruz and "here Duke" came out of my mouth. It was the first time I've done that. I miss Duke every single day, but I know he's not suffering. You gave Kaizer a wonderful life and he loved you every minute. Know that you did what was best for him, and take your time getting through the grief. It will get better, but you will still have those days.

Thinking of You!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
It's so hard. You miss them and then you think you're okay, and you are, but you have to believe you did the right thing. I still tear up when I think about Duke. For some reason Kaizer's story reminds me so much of Duke's. I was playing in the yard the other day and went to call Cruz and "here Duke" came out of my mouth. It was the first time I've done that. I miss Duke every single day, but I know he's not suffering. You gave Kaizer a wonderful life and he loved you every minute. Know that you did what was best for him, and take your time getting through the grief. It will get better, but you will still have those days.

Thinking of You!
I called Murphy Charley one day last week.....I think we all have days like that. I miss all 3 that we've lost but I love Murphy and Lola. Whenever I miss the first 3, these 2 will do something to make me laugh or smile.

·
Super Moderator
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
There are very few pictures of me and him, my mom sent that to me. I think it was taken April 2021 just at the start of him getting sick (you can tell cause his feet are still furry LOL).

And yes, I do slip up every so often and call Eden by his name. We were loading up for agility this morning and I accidentally called her Kaizer lol. I AM very glad to have her, even with how different they are. Kaizer was able to coexist with many dogs in the second half of his life, but Eden was the only dog he ever let touch him lol
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Floor Companion dog

·
Karen
995 Posts
It's a beautiful picture of you and Kaizer. I'm so very sorry for your loss.... I read through his puppy thread today when I learned he had passed ... we both had puppies the same year and I remember so many of your posts. Kaizer will be always with you .... hugs

461 - 467 of 467 Posts