Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as you can see by Kiwi and Murphy's introductory posts, the Bindi/Shawn babies went home last weekend.

It was definitely bittersweet-I was exhausted from working and caring for them but wow-the house was empty Sunday morning when I woke up! No happy little faces and wagging tails to greet me when I said "Good morning, babies!"

I was blessed with 9 wonderful families for the babies, made new friends and revisited old ones. Five of the nine puppies went to families who had purchased puppies from me years ago, and were looking for new family members.

Bindi and I are resting up right now, and Bindi seems to really enjoy being unencumbered again ;) She and Bug have been playing some serious chase and wrestling games again.

Of course, I still have to get the house and yard back in order-I figure a good day and a half for that! The puppies also redecorated one of my walls, so it looks like some repainting is in order :)

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
I can imagine how quiet the house was for you. It's exhausting caring for one so I can't imagine doing it x 9!! Thanks again for choosing us to have one of Bindi's babies, we adore our new little girl! We still miss Maddie terribly but this little pup is certainly bringing tons of smiles and laughs to us each and every day

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It must be so bittersweet to see the little ones leave. I'm sure a little R and R will feel good though. I'm also sure you will be getting lots of updates and pictures to know for sure you have placed your puppies well.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
It must be hard to let them go but wonderful to see the happy faces that take them home. People like me appreciate all that you and the great breeders out there do to bring these beautiful babies into our lives.

·
Registered
12,711 Posts
I loved watching their little squishy selves grow. And I love that some of them went to people on this forum - and others to families who've had your dogs in the past. A lot of work for you, for SURE, but what a great thing you're doing for this wonderful breed. Thank you.

·
Quinn and Murphy's mom
238 Posts
Linda, thank you, thank you, thank you for our guys. You gave us our sweet Sammy dog 14 years ago and we look forward to many years with Murphy. I hope hearing about Kiwi and Murphy help fill the quiet at home. I bet Bindi, Bug, Trouble and the others are enjoying the fact they don't have to compete with cute puppies anymore. :p:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts