Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emma, my 9 year old golden passed away on 1/21/2019.
My wife went to Boston to visit my daughter on Friday, I was with Emma on Friday,Saturday and Sunday is when things got different. Emma sleeps in our room and came downstairs as normal. She then drank a whole lot of water about 1/2 the bowl .did not touch her food and went outside. Came back in and did not eat. I thought she was upset the wife wasn't home
She got like that when one of us wasn't there. She layed around all day then didn't eat dinner. Went out did her business.
I went to work as normal at 230 in morning. She went out,but hesitated.
Came back in. I was concerned. I hurried up with my work and got home at 9am and was going to take her to the vet,but she was dead. Laying on the rug where I left her. She had her pillow and blanket near her. I filled her water bowl to top and I know she drank some too.
I am so upset she died and I think it was my fault. I keep thinking of what did I do or not do.
I am really hurting over this. She was healthy,always wentvto vet for check ups and shots. She was due soon too.
Just needed to share this.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. She may have had a tumor on her spleen or heart that you had no idea about. Hemagiosarcoma is very sneaky and can take them without warning. It hurts so bad, I know.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I am so sorry. Try not to worry about the "what ifs" there is no purpose in it. I can tell you loved her and tried to do the best for her. They really take a piece of our hearts when they go.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Please try not to feel guilty but focus on all the wonderful memories you have of her. That’s what she would want. Rest In Peace Sweet Emma.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm so sorry about your loss of Emma! I know the pain you're going through right now simply because we lost our 11-year-old Golden, River to cancer on 12/15/18. These dogs are so amazing they truly become family. When we lost River, it was hard to breathe for days. I couldn't talk or think about him without tearing up. :crying:

You probably already know this, but simply as a reminder, time does make the pain subside, though I doubt we ever get completely over losing one of these amazing animals. Think about all the wonderful memories Emma gave you. She lived a beautiful life and you were blessed to have her for the time you had. God Bless!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss of your Emma...don't beat yourself up...it was her time, she went peacefully it sounds...cherish all the wonderful memories you have of her...share her pics here.. don't dwell on the what ifs..it doesn't help us....you loved her, and she knew it....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Please be gentle on your self. You did nothing wrong in caring for your dog. These sad events happen, with Goldens the pain runs deep as we all know as members of this forum. I hope in time you will find some sunshine your sweet Emma gifted you during her wonderful life she shared with you. The beautiful film she left in your memories will never be lost, you are so lucky to have the chance to love a special Golden.

Godspeed to Emma

dlm ny country

“Dogs … are constant reminders that life reveals the best of itself when we live fully in the moment and extend our unconditional love. And it is very true, that the most tender, uncomplicated, most generous part of our being blossoms, without any effort, when it comes to the love of a dog.” —Maira Kalman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts