Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm very glad to hear Tucker will be alright, what an ordeal. I hope you find some answers to who or how it happened.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I really hope I find out who did it. and really, I just wanna know why?

Why Tucker? He's just a puppy, he's never hurt anyone. Maggie (the rabbit in the same room) is just fine, so I know it was intentional for the dog.

I'm just so mad and upset... and now I have to re-introduce Tucker to his kennel, he's very afraid to go in it right now, and I don't blame him one bit..

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Nope, there's absolutely nothing missing or messed up or anything.

That's what I don't understand. It's truly boggling my mind. It's times like this that I wish I kept the idea of going to school to be a CSI...

·
Banned
2,085 Posts
My MA is in criminology--do we really want to go there about how you work/the degree plan that investigators pursue?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well, on planet earth, laws of physics dictate that objects do not move about on their own accord. Why would anyone enter your home, poison a golden retriever puppy - known to be the cutest force in the world and harmful to no one - and leave with the pup in agony? Something happened, either by accident or by design, but I believe it happened from within the walls of your home. I mean, it just all points to that...

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
If it was an accident, I would really hope someone would own up to it and apologize.

I dont know WHY someone would come into the house just to poison a dog.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

My mind is just seriously boggled... just before Christmas someone stole our snowmen from the front yard but nothing else...

Oh I just don't know, I'm running so many scenarios through my head and nothing makes sense.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks Vrocco, I needed a chuckle.

I'm gonna go get some food, so much going on haven't had time to eat yet.

Tried to give Tucker some food, but he won't eat. He's just lying on the bathroom floor.

I will update through out the night and see how he's doing.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I'm glad Tucker is ok. Many years ago my puppy ate a whole tray of rat poison. I still remember the fear and dread. He was fine after a trip to the vet, but it was an ordeal. I was shaking and disoriented with lots of emotion and guilt.

I'm not so sure quiting your job is a good idea unless its short-term and the job sucks anyway. But I understand your concern. You need to know what happened, why and how it can be avoided in the future. Good luck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you're really concerned about someone breaking in your house, I might look into a security system if you think that might be it. Who knows what could happen next?

Northen Ontario just doesn't seem like a crime zone to me lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm glad Tucker seems okay so far - let us know how it goes through the night. The waiting can be hard...

On another note, I feel bad that we were so mean in the beginning about this "episode". I agree that this is a DOG forum and we shouldn't air dirty laundry, and I think that goes for all of us. In other words, i don't think we need to get personal about any individual's "behavior" and stick to responding to dog-related concerns. And if the case is such that we can't respond because we don't believe the concern, or we think the concern is not worthy of a response, then we don't respond. I don't see why we have to move on to personally attacking an individual - true as it may be.

I don't know. I just felt bad. And thought it detracted from what should be our primary topic, which is the (or any) dog's wellbeing - the main discussion topic and purpose of this forum.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.