Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to add functionality for embedding Vimeo like we currently have for YouTube video?

Thanks,
Stephanie

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I have also been meaning to ask this for quite a while! No matter what I try I cannot get a Vimeo video to embed :( Some [VIMEO] [/VIMEO] tags/code would be great and much appreciated!

Vimeo (IMHO) has a lot more class than Youtube.

Some Golden videos I think that are just fantastic. (not mine)

So I Really Like My Dog. Shut Up. on Vimeo

Golden Retrievers at Lake Winnipesaukee on Vimeo

Murphy's morning on Vimeo

There are many more. Some GRF members here use Vimeo:curtain:;) and would appreciate the option, Thanks!

·
Administrator
1,036 Posts
So embedding the video is really easy.

1. Go to the Vimeo video you want to embed.

2. Vimeo URLs look like this: John Doe on Vimeo (the "x" marks in actuality are numbers).

3. Cut/Copy the "xxxxxxx" portion of the Vimeo URL and paste it between the new Vimeo BBcode tags.

The Vimeo BBcode tags begins with: [vimeo]
And ends with the same tag as above but you have to include a "/" (backslash) before the word vimeo to close the tag. I can't post how it looks like because when I do, the software thinks I'm trying to embed a vimeo video so I'll do like this:

[test1]xxxxxxxx[/test1]

Just replace the word "test1" with vimeo and make sure to copy and paste the end of the vimeo URL (which is usually just numbers) in between the tags and you're good to go!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Thank you adding the Vimeo BBcode tags :D Let me try with the first link I gave in my other post.

[vimeo]27542831[/vimeo]

It works! sweet. I love the above vid. The framing, composition, lighting, panning, song, selective use of bokeh and slow motion, etc. Takes time, nice equipment and a artistic mind to do stuff like this.

I will do the second link too, can't help myself, lol. Fiona and I will head up north in a month, look forward to it.

[vimeo]25987389[/vimeo]

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey cool, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts