Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that about 75% of the time Cocasse will lick his penis after he has peed. I thought that perhaps he might have a UTI but he doesn't have any of the other signs - need for frequent urination, accidents in the house, etc. What do you think?
(When I told him that I was going to ask this question he looked so embarrassed and walked away from me. He usually is always next to me when I'm on the puter).

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
When I took Daisy into the vet for her annual last year, the vet looked at her and said, "you have a butt licker." !!! LOL Dubious club, I'm sure. No problems, that's just what she likes to do I guess. :curtain:

Maybe Cocasse just likes to be clean :)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
There are about 100 replies that come to mind - but I do not want to get banned! ;)

Seriously, he is just being neat and cleaning himself, not a concern.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
If he has long hairs off the end, it might help to trim them.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^LOL^^^.

No long hairs to cut here, thankfully.
I've read the responses to him and he looked away. I think mommy will have to fill up his Kong to make up for his embarrassment. :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Brady does this all the time too. No problem, just a little self-grooming.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I am much better with girl dog questions,but I have had a couple of foster boys who did this. Once I determined it was probably a little more than normal, I watched them a bit more and noticed they were dribblers. Maybe 5 -10 drops came out after they finished peeing and this is what they were licking. Both were older dogs, so we put them on a low dose of PPA and it did the trick.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Diesel doesn't have to do this as Willow likes to do it for him. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Neither of mine are butt lickers though, looks like Daisy is in an exculsive club!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts