Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for a young female golden?

Ellie is 14 months old, she is available for Adoption through the Columbus County Humane Society located in Whiteville, NC. The CCHS does not have a facility, all dogs are placed in Foster homes until they are adopted.

Here is the website link to the CCHS-contact info is provided in website and also below in Ellie's listing.

Columbus Humane Society 910.640.3700

Here is Ellie's Petfinder.com listing-

Ellie

Golden Retriever
Size: Medium
Sex: Female

Notes:

Hello may name is Ellie. I am a full blooded Golden Retriever. I am 14 months old and weigh 46 lbs. I will be spayed and up dated on all shots before adoption. I am heartworm negative. I love other dogs and kids. I will roll over and love to get belly rubs. If you are interested in adopting me please email Janet at [email protected]
More about Ellie

Spayed/Neutered • Up-to-date with routine shots • Coat length: Long

Columbus Humane Society Inc.
Whiteville, NC
910-840-5435 [email protected]

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have contacted Janet to see if the CCHS works with Rescue Groups. I gave her NRGRR's contact info and also told her that NGRR would probably list Ellie as a Courtesy Referral Listing on their website if the CCHS doesn't want to release her to NRGRR.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Wow, What a Beauty..... My heart thumps every time I see an Ideal dog.... If only I had 1. room, and 2. Hubby would agree! lol..... I hope someone snags this little dollie up....

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wow, What a Beauty..... My heart thumps every time I see an Ideal dog.... If only I had 1. room, and 2. Hubby would agree! lol..... I hope someone snags this little dollie up....
I know, she's so beautiful. Two are just as easy as one IMO, not much more work really.

I know what you're saying about Hubby- I'm at my limit according to mine but not according to me.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have the same problem! If I had it my way I would have 10 dogs, but my hunny seems to think 2 is a good number lol... I say boo! We will see how things change ;) I wish I could help with this beautiful girl! Kahuna needs a good role model!

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumping up for Miss Ellie, hope she finds the home she deserves so she can spend Christmas with her new family.

I have not gotten a response from Janet yet.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
She's so pretty. Fingers crossed for her.

·
Kristy
9,830 Posts
Sounds like you're tempted. :) Don't forget, we can do a transport! I could return the favor, as it were... :)
Funny that you read the tone of that post so accurately.... I still miss my last boy Duncan so much, seeing her sweet face made me think of him and I had that thought... Thank you for your kind offer :)

The reality is, I am committed to spending a year on Mack's training before I add another famiy member. Mack is going to be 7 months next week. I think he will benefit from a 4 legged sibling and my husband is on board. I just think I need to work harder on his training. I think the timing is off. Please keep me on the list if help is needed driving her to a forever home. She sure looks like she is just in need of the right family.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sutie-another 14 mo. old Female Golden Ret. at same Shelter!!!

Sutie-another 14 mo. old Female Golden Ret. at same Shelter!!!

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Golden Retriever | Whiteville, NC | Sutie

Sutie Columbus Humane Society Inc., Whiteville, NC • 910-640-3700 • [email protected]

Hello My name is Sutie. I am a 14 month old full blooded Golden Retriever. I weigh 40 lbs and will be spayed and up dated on all shots before adoption. I love to play with kids and other dogs. No cats. I also like belly rubs. If you would like to adopt Sutie please email Janet at [email protected] to learn more about this special girl.

More about Sutie
Spayed/Neutered • Up-to-date with routine shots • Prefers a home without: cats • Coat length: Long

Sutie's Contact Info

Columbus Humane Society Inc., Whiteville, NC
•910-640-3700
• Email Columbus Humane Society Inc.
•See more pets from Columbus Humane Society Inc.
•For more information, visit Columbus Humane Society Inc.'s Web site.

Attachments

Reactions: C's Mom

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone is interested in either of these girls with the COLUMBUS COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY, visit their website at this link:

Columbus Humane Society 910.640.3700

ADOPTION APPLICATION can be found at this link:

http://www.columbushumanesociety.org/application.pdf

ADOPTION FEE IS $125 for dogs. puppies $150.

Just a reminder, the CCHS does not have a facility, all dogs available for adoption reside in foster homes of CCHS volunteers.

Contact Janet @
[email protected]
or call #910-640-3700 for more info.

·
Registered
304 Posts
wonder if patriotrovers would want these beauties!?? Did anyone else read the posts about them this past week? They take in and train dogs (lots of goldens) for therapy dogs for veterans. They are somewhere in NC, can't remember all the details. Does anyone have their contact info for leads to available dogs?

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wonder if patriotrovers would want these beauties!?? Did anyone else read the posts about them this past week? They take in and train dogs (lots of goldens) for therapy dogs for veterans. They are somewhere in NC, can't remember all the details. Does anyone have their contact info for leads to available dogs?
Here's the link to Patriot Rovers website:

Carolina Patriot Rovers Inc. Saving Dogs Helping Heros, Asistance dogs for soldiers

Contact info:

[email protected]
336-664-6990

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ellie and Sutie

I just emld. Patriot Lovers about Ellie and Sutie.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh they are both beautiful. Thank you for your hard work, time and effort in finding these two wonderful homes! Good-luck I hope they both receive a Christmas gift of wonderful new family's!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sandy

Sandy

I emld. David and here is his reply: Do you know someone who can help?
They certainly look like dogs we could use. I'm quite a distance from Whiteville though I live in High Point NC
David Cantara
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sandy

I emld. David and here is his reply: Do you know someone who can help?
They certainly look like dogs we could use. I'm quite a distance from Whiteville though I live in High Point NC
David Cantara
[email protected]
Look at the members who have signed up to help with Transport in NC and contact them to see if anyone can help out.

NC TRANSPORT-

NORTH CAROLINA
doglvr00 30 minutes south of Raleigh, NC
fostermom Raleigh, NC
GoldenMum High Point, NC
goldielocks Carolina Beach/Wilmington, NC
Merlins mom Charlotte, NC
nolefan 10 minutes south of Charlotte, NC
*Augustus McCrae's Mom willing to go to Charlotte, NC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts