Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aaron & Abby
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a time when I was on this Forum looking for options and answers as I discovered that my dog had Elbow Dysplasia. There is a lot of good information on the other threads about this topic but I noticed there are not a lot of positive stories and that is not what you are looking for when you find out what you are going to be facing with elbow dysplasia. Sometimes people just need to hear that there is some hope and some options. So please if you have learned something while having your dog go through this process and have any advice to give to people that are facing it now, post in this thread. Good stories are always welcome and appreciated as there is hope (not to say that all will be cured, but it is not necessarily the end for your dog!)

My dog ended up having two surgeries successfully on both his elbows and after going through the full recovery process I went back and took all the pictures, videos and paperwork from the vet, put them together to give the full story. It would be way too long to post it all in here so I made a blog post on it which there is a link for below. You will be able to see what worked for us and how the recovery process looked in regards to time and what the dog was able to do during each stage.

Triggers Story

Spoiler alert: Trigger is very healthy now, hasn't limped in years, can swim, run and fetch with the best of them and is loving life with no repercussions yet as he is nearly 4 years old. Of course there will be a concern for him having bad arthritis in the future but every day he is able to walk and run is a win.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
I read through your entire blog post. Thank you for documenting Trigger's journey in detail. I learned quite a bit and I am sure that the information will help other owners who are in the situation you were once in. It is amazing how loved and cared for Trigger is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.