Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since I've been on the site. I've been really busy for the past few weeks.
Anyway, I thought I would post more pictures of Edgar.
He was born on May 4th, so he will be 5 months old in a couple of days. He's really grown! He's about 55 pounds now.
His puppy fur is all but gone, and the fur on his back is now really curly, haha. The fur on his tail has gotten long, but hasn't really feathered out. Is there a reason for that?
He's perfected the walk for the most part and definitely doesn't pull anymore, which is good. He's also pretty much housetrained. He hasn't had an accident in the house in well over a month. :)
He's a goofy boy, and I love it! He still wants to be carried around (which is near impossible) and loves to crawl into peoples' laps. He also is a happy-growler. When he's really excited, he 'talks', which my Rottie mix used to do. It sounds very similar to a growl, but not quite. I think it's adorable.

So here are some picture of him from today (and the picture of him with the paper and ruler and stuff is from a couple weeks ago when he decided he was going to come and plop down in the middle of everything I was doing, haha. Always the center of attention, haha.) ;

Attachments

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
He's adorable! Got to love being the center of attention. That's like my girl too! She def. prefers to be on the couch with me :). I can't believe yours is already 55 lbs. My girl is 8 months old and maybe 45 lbs!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It sounds like Edgar is coming along perfectly. That coarse, curly hair hair on the back is very common at that age and will become softer in time. The tail feathers will start coming in soon.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I love it when puppies get that leggy look. He is a big boy, Jordan just hit 40 lbs and she's 2 weeks older. Such a sweet face he has ! :)

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Edgar is so cute, I love that age when they are so leggy & goofy. My Maggie (RIP) was a "talker", I had to explain many times that she wasn't growling. I wish Hank "talked".

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What an adorable boy. As for his tail, I've been told it will get fuller but at 6 months old Bentley's is till pretty raggedy.
Thanks~!
And that's good news, haha. I was getting a little worried that Edgar might be behind.

He's adorable! Got to love being the center of attention. That's like my girl too! She def. prefers to be on the couch with me :). I can't believe yours is already 55 lbs. My girl is 8 months old and maybe 45 lbs!
Thank you!
And I love that~ He always insists on being right in the middle of everything. :)
I guess Ed's gonna be a big boy! I haven't really had many other Golden's around to compare him to, so I've been kind of unsure on how he compares!

It sounds like Edgar is coming along perfectly. That coarse, curly hair hair on the back is very common at that age and will become softer in time. The tail feathers will start coming in soon.
Thanks for letting me know! c:
I've been really curious for a while about when/if his fur would start looking like a usual Golden.

I love it when puppies get that leggy look. He is a big boy, Jordan just hit 40 lbs and she's 2 weeks older. Such a sweet face he has ! :)
Me too! It's awkward looking, but in the most adorable of ways.
Wow, I really didn't realize how big Edgar must be compared to other puppies his age! I wonder if he'll slow down in growing or if he will continue to grow at this rate. lol
And thank you!

Edgar is so cute, I love that age when they are so leggy & goofy. My Maggie (RIP) was a "talker", I had to explain many times that she wasn't growling. I wish Hank "talked".
Thank you~ I love the clumsy, leggy stage as well haha
I love "talkers", although a lot of people do assume that it's growling.

@ozzy'smom; Me too! C:

@MissKitty; Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts