Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
With Her 3 Goldens
219 Posts
Not yet! I help teach at the Academy (if you’re familiar) so I go through all the classes there first. I’ll take Eden through Barb and Rosanne’s classes when she’s ready. We’ll hopefully be taking private lessons with Lauren Blackson next month, if you’re at all familiar with her
I know Rosanne sends folks just starting to the Academy when they don’t have a new beginners session starting up - we were always lucky enough to start the young dogs with Barb! That area is just amazing for agility; I miss having so many options for classes and trials. Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I know Rosanne sends folks just starting to the Academy when they don’t have a new beginners session starting up - we were always lucky enough to start the young dogs with Barb! That area is just amazing for agility; I miss having so many options for classes and trials. Have fun!
We will!! Yes this area is great for sure!

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Eden, Kaizer, and I are spending a few days at a friend’s house while she’s at an agility trial with one of her border collies. She’s the one who owns Josie, the golden around Eden’s age who we play rally with.

My friend has 4 other dogs, all border collies. Both Eden and Josie grew up with border collies and we like to joke that they picked up on some border collie mannerisms as a result - both of them do this crouch thing that I’ve never seen another golden do. Eden also learned about frisbee from the border collies lol

(Liz the border collie in the first picture, Moss the border collie in the last)
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass

Dog Vertebrate Plant Mammal Grass

Dog Plant Window Road surface Sky

• Love
Reactions: diane0905

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Eden would like to find a new owner that won’t let her get this ungroomed AND won’t make fun of her for having no coat AND won’t try to clean up her feet with super dull shears (it was very hard and her feet look very bad lol). I also forgot to charge the Dremel and it died, so her nails look terrible too.

I also lost her shampoo and conditioner so very much needed bath time is on hold.

(this pic is pre-groom. I’m a bad groomer but not thaat bad)
Dog Door Carnivore Companion dog Wood

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Ha, ha that snarl face says it all!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Eden would like to find a new owner that won’t let her get this ungroomed AND won’t make fun of her for having no coat AND won’t try to clean up her feet with super dull shears (it was very hard and her feet look very bad lol). I also forgot to charge the Dremel and it died, so her nails look terrible too.

I also lost her shampoo and conditioner so very much needed bath time is on hold.
Geez, what are you doing to the poor girl!

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Geez, what are you doing to the poor girl!
Not taking care of her, if her face is anything to go by LOL. I don’t even know how I lost two whole pump bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I feel like a proper bath and blowdry would make her look at least 87% better

• Haha
Reactions: 3Pebs3

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Bathed and like half groomed. Need to dremel her hind nails and then clean up more fur after that but I got lazy. I don’t touch anything besides her paws cause I’m too nervous to lol

Working on training her fur to lay straight - I can blowdry it straight but then it crumples up again as soon as she moves. I should’ve done her nails before blowdrying her so that it wouldn’t get all crumpled again. her hocks don’t usually look like that either
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Miss Eden had her first agility private lesson on Wednesday. This instructor mostly competes USDAA/UKI, so we’re learning differently than how I started with Kaizer - which is not a bad thing! Some of the international agility folk apparently use three different tunnel cues to tell the dogs to go to three different places after the tunnel (straight ahead, to the side, and then all the way back), so I get the really fun job of thinking up cues that I won’t forget lol.

We’re also working on independent contacts, so looking at the end of the board and not depending on my body in any way to hit the contact. I also have to work on her hind-end awareness some more because I’m not convinced she’s entirely aware of it lol

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I also sent in an entry for her first rally trial (and my first too) and registration for an upcoming health clinic for eyes and heart. Crossing fingers that everything comes up good there

Plant Dog Light Tree Leaf

Reactions: goldielynn

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Love The BCs!
Almost all of my dog friends have border collies, so I’m quite partial to the breed.

This is the rest of my friend’s crew (plus my two lol). Josie is the golden on the far right. Border collies from left to right are Kas, Ben, Moss, and Liz
Dog Cloud Sky Carnivore Plant

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Almost all of my dog friends have border collies, so I’m quite partial to the breed.

This is the rest of my friend’s crew (plus my two lol). Josie is the golden on the far right. Border collies from left to right are Kas, Ben, Moss, and Liz
View attachment 888598
You and your friends have great taste 😍

21 - 38 of 38 Posts