Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, of course I come back to the members of this forum today because you guys are the best source of advice and experience - after all, you all helped us raise Eddie 4 years ago.
Eddie is typical happy golden who runs almost daily after seagulls, swims in the ocean and is very active.
He does have some arthritis which we keep an eye on and treat with daily dasuquin and occasional deramaxx.
Yesterday he stayed home. When we returned, he was happy to see us, and ravenous for his dinner (you know how they hate it when you feed them an hour later than his dog watch says you should) He ate fast per usual.
After dinner he alternated from his spot on the couch with us to his other favorite spots on the floor. However as the evening went on he would just sort of stand and stare off into space, and once he laid down, would not get up.
He wouldn't get up to go out for his night business and we kept an eye on him all night. This morning, he can barely get up, and is extremely lethargic. His gums are pink, his temp is 102.2, and he is not acting any of the signs of bloat. (although we are watching him like a hawk in case that changes)
Of course it's Sunday - we will call our vet first thing tomorrow - but keep going back and forth as to whether to take him to emergency today.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
he couldn't have gotten into anything thta would not agree with him? check the bathrooms (if he is not crated) maybe he ate soap or something else? Hope he feels better soon.
beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I wonder if he could be hurting a little from his arthritis. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
So sorry to hear that Eddie is not being himself. Oakly had a spell like that a couple of months ago. He was better in a couple of days but it was a scare. Never did figure out what caused it. Oakly moved in slow motion for a few days. Hope Eddie is back to himself tomorrow.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing better this evening. I did give him a deramaxx around noon. I think you guys are right, seems like an arthritis "spell".
Geez - when he doesn't feel well it sure throws us for a loop. I'm hoping tomorrow he'll be his waggy, bouncy self....Thanks everyone. I always know I can visit this forum for support!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Eddie Me

EddieMe

Please let us know how Eddie is doing tomorrow. I think a vet visit would be in order.

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
Hope he is back to his old self. Having arthritis myself, I know that some days it is hard to get moving.

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
How old is Eddie? I'm guessing from you first post that he's 4. Arthritis at 4 is scary to me as Samantha is almost 5. Please let us know how he's doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts