Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 1/2 year old golden has recently been sporadic on her eating. I have always fed her 2x/ day and never had an issue. However, over the past onto, she had not eaten all her breakfast, and sometimes not eaten at all. She eats dinner well, but has had some episodes where she vomits about 4 hours after eating (almost bed time in our world). We live in Texas, and I attributed some of this to the heat. Her personality hasn't changed, but I have noticed she tires quicker ( I also blame the heat cause I'm the same way at 100 degrees)... When should I be worried about the appetite and the vomiting??

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,852 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

To be on the safe side, you might want to give your Vet a call, let them know what is going on with her. The Clinic might want to see her.

It could be heat related or it could be something else.

If it were me, I'd at least call my Clinic and let them determine if she needs to be seen.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Personally, a little bell goes off in my head when a Golden refuses food....to combine it with vomiting is reason enough for me to call the vet.
If for NO OTHER reason than to get her weighed and a blood test to rule out the big scary stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts