Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday Lola was out with me doing "yard duty" and I caught her eating clumps of grass and dirt that were frozen. She was eating it like it was her dinner:confused:. When I went over to stop her she ate it down as fast as she could - coughing because she was so intent on eating it before I took it away. I do not understand it! I noticed also some of the "poops" that I am scooping up were darker in color( more dirt eating??). She is fed plenty and gets minerals to boot. Why all this crazy eating of non food items? Do any of you know what I mean? I can not see where dirt would prove fatal- but I do not think it is something meant to eat. She grazes on grass all the time- but DIRT???:no:

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Koda has been doing that lately as well...it seems to be more of a game to her though than needing it. She does it after chasing her ball, instead of picking up the ball she grabs a clump of grass and DIRT and runs off. Trust me, I wish I had the answer as well...

·
Registered
115 Posts
are you sure it is just dirt?? I've caught nash trying to eat rabbit and cat droppings in the yard before. the dirt could just be in the way of what she really wants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts