Oh, that's funny, I am sitting here looking out at my deck listening to the acorns rain down. We are going to have a bumper crop too. I too worry about my dogs snacking on them, so far we haven't had a problem, and there is no way to eliminate the acorns, or the dogs in the back yard. Not much really to do about it.
http://www.healthypet.com/library_view.aspx?id=133 What is poisonous?
Here is a quick reference guide to the more common house and garden plants and foods that are toxic to most all animals and children. If you have these plants or foods, you need not dispose of them-just keep them away from pets and children. (* substances are especially dangerous and can be fatal).
Kidney/Organ Failure Toxins
It doesn't specifically say acorns but it does mention Oak. Acorns do have a toxin in them.
I would play it safe and not let the dog eat them.
After that happened, we didn't want her other dog to eat any. So we would go up there every day, rake up all the acorns (that part sucked really bad, LOL, I'm not gonna lie...) ... but then we made different things out of them. Wreaths, doorknob decorations, things to hang in windows... different stuff. We'd sometimes paint them, or glitter them up. And then we would either give them away as gifts OR we'd sell them at the craft show our city had each year!
The acorn crafts were a lot of fun, if you enjoy crafting. Just a thought.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.