Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my 7 month old golden retriever has developed a problem where his ears are constantly twitching. He was sick earlier this week throwing up....and ate very little. Then the ear problem started. I saw an old thread on this where another dog had a similar issue. But the final outcome was never given. I am very worried about him. The vet put him on special food and he is eating better but still twitching. Anyone else have this issue. There was no ear infection found. He also is not scratching his ears they just involuntarily twitch.

·
Kate
20,697 Posts
Any recent flea medications that you've never used before? The reason I ask is a while back I was thinking about using Advantix, but that is a side effect for some dogs.

What does the vet say about the twitching?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. Just got back from vet and she gave him a steroid. Thinks its might be a immune reaction to some sort of allergy because He is also biting at the fur on his paws now..ugh. I haven't used any sort of flea and tick med recently. The last time was over a month ago. Just at a loss. :(
:(

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hi, can you do a short video of him so I can see if it's the same issue as Chester?
Thoughts..has he had any fur trimmed recently anywhere on his head? Are his eyes clear? I am assuming the vet checked in his ears thoroughly?
Poor boy, I remember Chesters issue well but his was just one ear which is what flummoxed vets even more country wide and beyond! No exact cause was found but as soon as a referral was made to a neuro centre it stopped, haha. It's only occasional now and is thought most likely to be an irritated nerve thats maybe pinched or inflamed or/and/or maybe due to..his allergies. Some sort of tic..not the sucking type..the twitchy type!
His was continuous, I think I posted a video, don't know if you have seen it..he couldn't sleep properly and was quite distressed. I hope the steroid helps your lovely boy, you both have our sympathy :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks Elly, it is now just his one ear. I will try to post a video if I can figure out how...lol. Looking at your video it looks like the exact same issue.his also started with a stomach issue, not eating, vomiting, etc and then the twitch started. Both ears, now one. I'm hoping it stops soon. :bowl: I am glad your Chester is doing better.thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What ever happened with the twitch? I have a black mouth cur with the same thing (twitching ear, stomach problems, vomiting, not eating)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts