Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you do any of the sites to earn rewards? I first started trying them out last year. It was kind of hard for me to believe that they are legit and you can actually very easily earn rewards, but I've been thrilled. I spend about five minutes twice a day doing online searches and I use the points I earn towards Amazon gift cards. I've been able to get all kinds of free stuff this way for the dogs: food, training equipment, shampoo. I love it! Every little bit helps out when you're pretty much living paycheck to paycheck. I've tried out several sites but my two favorites are Swagbucks and IRazoo (Here's links if anyone wants to try them out).

Earn Reward Points and Redeem Them For Free Stuff at Swagbucks.com

earn points, search engines, win free gift cards

Does anyone have other sites that they've really been pleased with the rewards they've earned?

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
I love Mypoints. I have redeemed several Amazon gift cards. I think the website is

mypoints.com

If anyone is interested, let me know. If you refer people, you get bonus points and then a percentage of the points they earn as well. I know I have earned a lot of points for the friend who referred me :)

I do get some emails from the sites they have me visit, but if I'm not interested, I just set them up to go into my junk file.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,645 Posts
We earn points when we use our CC, can convert the pts. into cash, gift cards, make purchases, etc.

Normally when I shop on line, I shop through IGIVE.COM where participating Retailers give a percentage of the sale to the charity of my choice.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
ebates -- you get a percentage back in cash (amount depends on the store) and for me nothing is better than just plain old earning cash!

Coupons, Promo Codes and Cash Back Savings - Ebates.com

I do mypoints as well but mostly for the emails (on many of them you earn 5points for reading it and clicking on a link)
My Points is a click and read reward system, but you can also take surveys for more points and earn points when you purchase from certain vendors. It doesn't take long for them to add up!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like swagbucks and irazoo because while you can do surveys and stuff for extra points, you can also earn just for using their search engine. So I'll get on in the morning, put in random words to search until they give me points, and then do it again in the evening. I guess they get the money from their advertisers. I start to lose my patience when I try to do a survey and then after answering a bunch of questions they tell me I don't qualify.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just discovered this week that Bing has a rewards program too. I just started using it but it seems okay.

Bing - Central

·
Registered
415 Posts
My Points is a click and read reward system, but you can also take surveys for more points and earn points when you purchase from certain vendors. It doesn't take long for them to add up!

I realize that (I've been a member of mypoints since 1999) just (for me) shopping through them doesn't make sense since ebates usually rewards at a higher rate and rewards in the form of a check (or paypal) so I can spend it anywhere as opposed to different tiers for gift certificates

For instance right now mypoints has 2 points per dollar spent at Kohls if I spend $100 there that's 200 points to get $25 in my paypal account through mypoints I'd need 4550 points

Ebates offers 4% cash back on Kohls so that $100 purchase would be $4 cash back -- you can either have them deposit it in paypal or they mail out checks quarterly once you have earned $5.01 for the quarter

Another example I order the girls dog food through petcarerx every month ebates gives 10% cash back that's about $6/month --quarterly that's $18 in my account mypoints it's 5 points per dollar spent or 900 points in 3 months time -- I'd rather have $18

To click on the emails or do some surveys it's fine --basically free money -- but for me personally (it might depend on the stores you shop in, I usually do a comparison before I place a big order) it doesn't make sense to shop through them

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you had any problems with malware from these types of sites?
I haven't had any issues, the way I use them it's not really any different than using google.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
I like swagbucks and irazoo because while you can do surveys and stuff for extra points, you can also earn just for using their search engine. So I'll get on in the morning, put in random words to search until they give me points, and then do it again in the evening. I guess they get the money from their advertisers. I start to lose my patience when I try to do a survey and then after answering a bunch of questions they tell me I don't qualify.
My Points has a search engine too although I haven't used it in awhile. When they first came out with a few years ago, it kept crashing my computer. It's supposed to have improved but I just haven't bothered to use it again. I should, as the points really add up.

A lot of the shopping ones don't work for me, because I tend not to buy at participating vendors and I am on a strict budget so spend very little anyway. Now if I could get points for entering dog shows and my vet bills, I'd be set!

·
Registered
415 Posts
My Points has a search engine too although I haven't used it in awhile. When they first came out with a few years ago, it kept crashing my computer. It's supposed to have improved but I just haven't bothered to use it again. I should, as the points really add up.

A lot of the shopping ones don't work for me, because I tend not to buy at participating vendors and I am on a strict budget so spend very little anyway. Now if I could get points for entering dog shows and my vet bills, I'd be set!

I don't know what you feed your furries, but like I said ebates rewards 10% for petcarerx and they offer free shipping on dog food (it always says today only, but it's been like that for a long time now) and their price on the food I'm buying for mine is better than anywhere I can find locally -- unless of course you feed raw, then that doesn't help at all :eek:

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For real! I've started using my amazon cards to buy Honest Kitchen for the dogs, which I could never afford otherwise.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I tried doing the emile reward program but it seemed like I would spend a long time taking surveys and then only earn 5 miles....plus they wouldn't be credited til you earned quite a few miles so I don't believe I ever got any in the end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts