Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Debbie
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lots of research and speaking at length to the owner of our local (well, not really local...it's a 40 minute drive for me) holistic foods store I decided on Acana. She got one cup for dinner and one for breakfast this morning. She got nothing additional, no bananas or yogurt. Early this morning she had a perfectly formed stool (the first in a few weeks) and then another one a few hours later. Since she had yucky poos anyway I made the switch all at once. I know it's early on but I am hopeful this is going to be the food for her. Thanks again to all for the advice.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That was a gutsy move to switch cold turkey, but it sounds like it may work out fine. At least the initial signs are positive. I've had good luck also when I've fed the Acana (Prairie Harvest) to my dogs. Please keep us updated.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a gutsy move to switch cold turkey, but it sounds like it may work out fine. At least the initial signs are positive. I've had good luck also when I've fed the Acana (Prairie Harvest) to my dogs. Please keep us updated.
Yeah, I agree. But quite honestly it couldn't have gotten any worse. Her poops were very liquidy. It could only get better. I'm just hoping we're on the right track.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well I am glad that it is working out for you. Once I had to switch Lucky right away like that. He had loose stools and the vet and food place said it would not matter at this point.

Fingers and pawa crossed the new food works for you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts