Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any creative suggestions for cleaning and treating dogs ears? Bailey has an ear infection, but I have not been very successfull in treating it with the antibiotics. I usually use wipes to clean her ears, but if I squirt anything in to her ears she flips out and acts as if she might bite (I believe there was abuse in her past). I have recently found that I can squirt the solution onto an old sock and rub it in her ear. I don't know how effective that is. I really don't want to wrestle with her to get the job done.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
The healthy ear recipe will be perfect for you!

Equal parts Monistat, chortaid and polysporin. These all come in tubes, you might find that the Monistat is 1oz more than the others, that's okay. Mix it all together real good and keep in an air-tight container. Then just put a decent dab on your finger and put it down into your dog's ears. Massage to get it worked through. Do this twice a day until the ears are clear and then maybe once a week for maintenance.

My dog hates having anything put in her ears, flushing is out of the question. This stuff is very dog-friendly. She doesn't run, doesn't shake but just once or twice and then it's over.

I love this stuff. I wish I'd had it around years ago, I've been battling with Daisy's ears since she was 1. She's 8 now. We're finally free :D

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I second this. If you do a search for " Healthy Ear Recipe" you'll find several threads discussing it and also a purple ear recipe that has been successful. However, with not wanting anything squirted in, the cream of the Healthy Ear would be very soothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts