Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone thanks for all your kind remarks . Duke was sniffling and coughing last night so we went to see our vet this morning he has kennel cough yech .. but on a good note Dr. said he caught it early and it hasn't progressed to much so we have some medicine and will return in a few weeks to get the vaccinations and check up . Only thing is now he can't go visiting as you know its pretty contagious . We just love him he wakes us up with a tennis ball in his mouth hahah and alot of slobber Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae here he is with my nephew snoozing

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh, bless his heart!!:smooch: I hope he will be feeling better soon with the medication, and will get over that cough and sniffles quickly! He is just such a Sweetheart!:)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is just so sweet with his head in the lap. It looks like true love. Hope his kennel cough goes away soon. Good that you caught it early.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,692 Posts
I hope he feels better really quickly. He looks so content in that picture and is beautiful.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bev

Bev

I love dogs, especially loving, affectionate and needy dogs like Duke!!!:):)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Duke is just such a sweetheart! I love his story and his pictures.
I also get most of my dogs from the shelter. It makes it easier to accept losing one if I go rescue another one. It is amazing what wonderful dogs are there not being appreciated.:uhoh:

I noticed on duke's picture there is some redness on his inner right leg and maybe on the outside of his left leg too. Did your vet mention the possibility of a skin infection? My old guy just got diagnosed with one so I am overly concious of the signs. He had redness, patchy hair and also had a pretty strong doggy smell - the vet said a yeasty smell.
anyway, she recommended I bathe him in a Chlorhexadine shampoo (prescription only) and it has made a big difference in his coat and also seems to have helped with his itching.

Duke is a handsome redhead - my favorite kind! It sure sounds like a match made in heaven with a little help from Chance. I got my third rescue from a shelter located about an hour from here. They called me since it was his last day....... He was about 5 years old - a big redhead I named Chance.:)

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I hope Duke is feeling better soon! I just love that picture! You can tell he is happy and content with his new family! How wonderful for all of you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts