Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - Duke has been with us about two weeks now and a couple of days ago he started collecting things after we go to bed ... this morning he had a pile in the living room my husbands house shoe only one of them , a bear , a pillow , some of the kids army guys he never chews anything he collects just puts them in a pile . Is there a reason he is doing this ? Does your Golden collect ? I put everything away but he finds other things the next night mmm ... weird ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Coop collects and hides things throughout the house. I'm still looking for most of my socks. I think it's normal Golden behavior.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
How cute!

I have had a couple of fosters who did that. One collected all the toys on her bed and wouldn't let my dogs near it. Another gathered up all soft toys and socks and stuff and piled them on my son's bed. She liked to sleep with him (and the toys).

·
Hello all:)
72 Posts
Ive heard of this too,tho never experienced it!It must comfort him to cuddle with the stuff!Cute:)Prob not so cute for you to put all the stuff back tho huh lol!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My little foster Joey has been doing that same thing. I woke up the other morning to slippers, shirt, toys and shoes. He doesnt chew on anything just lays on them.

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
Lucy carries socks of people she loves around all the time. This was never really a problem until we got Dory, and now they want to play tug of war with the sock because they're stretchy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts