Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Tucker loves being dried. He'd stand there for hours. Shadow tries to catch the air with his mouth. :doh:
The K9 will blow them both off the table LOL. It does not seem that loud to me, but I'm suffering from all the loud rock music I listened to when I was younger. My guess is that it is pretty loud. Our doggies are used to being on the grooming table, so it does not seem to bother them.

You can turn off one of the blowers (it has a switch for each motor) and then it is more like a normal dryer. I think your dryer has a continuous speed adjustment, which is nice. The best part about the K9 is that the air is warm (not hot), so that is good for those late fall rain storms, and it does not damage their coat like a heated dryer.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I can set the speed of the dryer by turning the knob. I don't have to set it very high at all. I've used it set on the mid range and blew the leaves off my deck after drying the dog! LOL The air is pretty cool. It's not hot at all. I don't think it has many attachments though. I seem to get by with what I have. I like drying them because it separates the hair and you can really see the condition of their skin.

I can never remember this
This quiet compact variable speed/air control dryer has cooler air flow for your pets comfort. Powerful turbo motor, 120V @ 9.6 amps protected by easy to clean filters. Discharge temperature is 15-20 degrees over inlet temperature. Because of the high standard of quality and technology, KOOL DRY is built to last. Dimensions ar 8"x8"x8" and weights 14lbs.

I'd love to see the K9 II in action.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
You definitely need protective gear when you turn the K9 on. LOL The fur is everywhere after you dry the dogs.

It sounds like the Kool Dry has a pretty good temperature rise. I'm not sure what the spec is on the K9, but it is probably not much more then that.

I usually use the backpack blower to clear the deck off, but I'm sure the dryer will work just fine also. I use the metro to blow the window screens off after I wash them. :) It is good to have multi-purpose tools.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I usually use the backpack blower to clear the deck off, but I'm sure the dryer will work just fine also. I use the metro to blow the window screens off after I wash them. :) It is good to have multi-purpose tools.
YES!! I LOVE IT!
I have proof & validation that the dryer is indeed a multipurpose 'tool'...

I have been hinting that the dogs 'needed' the dryer...but I do like a two pronged attack....I will play the 'tool' card and report back!

·
Banned
4,311 Posts
As for the ice cream, cookie dough all the way with a little chocolate chip. As for dryers, LOL!!! I guess I am out of the loop, Brinks gets toweled dried or I use a blow dryer and she does fine. She doesnt mind it and I have a buffer on it so it really does work. But I towel dry her for the most part, so that there is not much to dry.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The biggest reason for wanting a dryer is hot spot prevention for Lexi...

Lexi LOVES the water...she has been known to fall asleep in her kiddie pool.
During the summer she is wet to the skin alot...being damp creates a nice environment for hotspots....YUCK!
Those dryers blast away alot of dead hair as well.....again good for preventing hot spots....

Dont think I can swing the price tag for the K9II, but it sounds like a great machine!

Thanks everyone for all the dryer input as well as the ice cream education!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts