Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,:wavey:

We haven't been around much lately. My laptop died a slow death and I've been having to commandeer my husband's work laptop for short periods of time when he's in town and not working on it. It's been challenging to say the least and I've missed reading your posts and seeing your pictures. I feel so disconnected from the real world!

Our breeder has a litter of 11, 8 week old pups, only 5 of whom are sold so she asked me to take the unsold pups, one at a time to help socialize them. We had our first baby this weekend. I was worried about Rufus..who is still a pup himself..but he was awesome with the pup. He was incredibly gentle and shared his toys..he even fended off the cat when she spit at the puppy! Below are some pictures of 13 month old Rufus and 8 week old, "Midget".

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
aww! absolutely adorable. what a good boy he is with the little guy! 2nd and 3rd pictures are great. :)

midget is such a cute name!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
So sweet...don't you want to keep Miget they look like best friends already. Great pictures.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Loved the pictures. Rufus makes a great baby sitter. What a fun job taking in the little ones. I'll bet you are having a blast too.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Awww!! What sweet pictures :) I bet Rufus is having a blast with a little foster sibling around for a while :D Any chance that he may be getting a permanent brother/sister?! ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Oh so cute!! Rufus is a very nice looking boy and obviously a sweet puppy protector. I don't think Rufus is going to want to give Midget back.

Nice to see you around. Have fun socializing those pups!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Rufus is so good with the pup. Those pictures are just so sweet, especially the one of them snuggled together.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
O. M. G. that picture of them sleeping all cuddled up is too precious for words!! I think Rufus is ready to be a big brother - he sure looks like he's got what it takes ;)

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the comments guys....I took Midget back yesterday and yes I shed a few tears. I have attachment issues!!! Our breeder put the pic of the two of them sleeping on her site because she thought it was so cute.

Thanks for posting the link Dan...maybe we'll help Midget find a family!!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Love the second pic too. What a good boy Rufus is and thank you for helping to socialize these pups.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Great pictures and what a perfect way to enjoy having a puppy in the house - kind of like being a grand parent - give them back when they start to fuss!! :)

But HOW... I mean HOW did you ever give back Midget???? If it had been me I would have 3 now.... Rufus most be soooo lonely, poor baby! ;)

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great pictures and what a perfect way to enjoy having a puppy in the house - kind of like being a grand parent - give them back when they start to fuss!! :)

But HOW... I mean HOW did you ever give back Midget???? If it had been me I would have 3 now.... Rufus most be soooo lonely, poor baby! ;)
Oh believe me, it was tough to take him back but you should have seen him when he saw his littermates through the fence. He ran up and stood on his little back legs wagging his little tail..so cute! Rufus IS lonely..he is eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next puppy tomorrow (and so am I):)

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
That's wonderful of you and Rufus to help with the socialization of the pups! Great pictures - Rufus looks to be the perfect mentor! I can't imagine how tough it was to return Midget.

~Jackie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts