Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a beautiful 6 year old Golden and about 3 weeks ago I made the decision to switch his food. He was on Medical Dental formula and was happy on it, but the 1st ingredient in that food is corn, so I thought it would be good to switch him to a food that had more protein. I switched him to Acana light and Fit, and he just loves the food, but I have noticed a couple of things. First, he is drinking a lot more water than he used to and therefore peeing a lot more. 2nd, his stools have been looser, but I assume that is simply his stomach getting used to the new food.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the increased water drinking when they switched to Acana and if it might be something to be concerned about?

Thank you!
Nivanthi

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Hmmm. Now that you mention it...

My dog is on Acana Senior, and most nights, she drinks quite a bit of water after eating. Like, a whole bowl. She doesn't do it after her morning meal, only after her evening one. So I'm not sure it's the food, as opposed to the joint supplement I put on her evening meal. And I put water with the kibble, as well.

I was curious enough about it that I did compare the sodium level in her old food to Acana, and Acana was either the same or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts