Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I’m new to this forum, I’ve had Goldens in my home since 1998. My first was a female that lived to be sixteen. She was exceptional. There’ll never be another like her, because she rescued me.
Since, I’ve had several elderly Goldens that I’ve rescued. The latest is a 12 year old male named Copper. He thinks he’s still a pup. Lately, he has begun to show his age.
I really want a puppy. I love my fur babies, but my heart aches for a baby to cuddle. Having a home for geriatric dogs is rewarding, but also sad. I need a bouncy, excited, and jubilant ball of fur to chew on my chair legs and tinkle on my floor.
I teach kindergarten. So, I want to take advantage of working from home combined with the fast approaching summer.

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
Welcome! this is a great place to start off. have you contacted your local golden retriever clubs or identified possible kennels around you to reach out to? You can post the registered names of the possible Dams & Sires and many members will help check if the necessary health clearances are in place.

·
Super Moderator
2,485 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your kindness in taking in senior goldens! You may want to start a thread in "Choosing a Golden Retriever Puppy & Breeder." There are also many threads (connected to regions) that are pretty current. Using the search function of the Forum will be helpful.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,284 Posts
Welcome!

Here is a link for the GRCA.org Clubs in the US, you can contact the one in your area for a Breeder Referral.

Also, you can do a search on the Forum for breeders in a specific area, threads will come up you can read through.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts