Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abbey was only eight months old when we lost our eight year old golden, Chelsey. Our beautiful Chelsey suffered from epilepsy and grand mal seizures. In August of 2004, Chelsey had all she could take and died while having a seizure. Abbey was depressed for two weeks, barely eating and sleeping all of the time. After the initial two weeks, that is when it started. THE CHEWING!! It didn't matter what; furniture, carpet, shoes, clothes, virtually everything. In January I finally convinced my husband that she was lonely and needed a friend. We decided to get her a puppy. It was just the thing!! She LOVES her puppy. They play and play and play some more.

Moral of the story, Two goldens are ALWAYS better than one!!! :slap:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, they really love other dogs, well Cooper does anyway, he wants to make friends with every dog he meets! I dont think I would buy him a friend just yet though, I think Cooper is enough work at the moment, maybe when he gets older! We had a cat but she disappeared, and Cooper spent days looking for her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.