1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I doubt this is anything to worry about--maybe he got into something, or it could be a slight loss of pigment. They are always putting their noses where they don't belong.

·
Registered
304 Posts
does he drink from a plastic water bowl? My golden is allergic to plastic!! I found a link awhile back on this forum that led me to that direction...I changed water bowls to stainless & now his nose is all black again!! Just a thought...

Reactions: Maximus'sMom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does he drink from a plastic water bowl? My golden is allergic to plastic!! I found a link awhile back on this forum that led me to that direction...I changed water bowls to stainless & now his nose is all black again!! Just a thought...
He actually has drank from the same stainless steel bowls since we brought him home!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matt thanks so much for putting my pics up..PB was acting up! Thanks for the link too..I did read it!

I am just concerned because all the images I google of snow nose look so much different then this..I am just worried that is a symptom of something bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt this is anything to worry about--maybe he got into something, or it could be a slight loss of pigment. They are always putting their noses where they don't belong.
I hope you are right! I do know that he is a little scamp so it would not surprise me is he did get his nose into something..I am just not sure what?!:doh::uhoh:

·
Matt
235 Posts
Matt thanks so much for putting my pics up..PB was acting up! Thanks for the link too..I did read it!

I am just concerned because all the images I google of snow nose look so much different then this..I am just worried that is a symptom of something bad.

Np, I don't think forums like Photobucket, I always use imageshack.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I don't know what it could be but your kids and doggie are too cute.

·
Shoregold
670 Posts
Did the pup get into something lately? Like digging in the yard. Could it have bitten by a bug. Are the dots raised? I wouldn't worry but keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did the pup get into something lately? Like digging in the yard. Could it have bitten by a bug. Are the dots raised? I wouldn't worry but keep an eye on it.
Well we have a huge fenced in back yard and lately we have been letting him go out unleashed and eat and go potty play a little and come back inside. So he has been unattended outside but I don't have anything but a garage he cant get into and trees in my backyard. The spots aren't raised and are the same wet cold texture as the rest of his nose..they actually like kinda like freckles! As far as getting into something..I haven't caught him getting into something but that doesn't mean he hasn't he is 4 months old so his middle name is trouble. Haha! I haven't seen him digging really either..

·
Just a Parent of 5 Golden
1,216 Posts
If it was me and I was concerned I'd have it checked by a vet, as it probably isn't anything, but if it was, better to have it diagnosed early than late... JMHO....

BTW. Maximus (that is his name?) is a lovely looking pup..!!!.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it was me and I was concerned I'd have it checked by a vet, as it probably isn't anything, but if it was, better to have it diagnosed early than late... JMHO....

BTW. Maximus (that is his name?) is a lovely looking pup..!!!.
Aww..thanks having someone pay compliment about my pup feel just the same as when someone pays a compliment about my kids..:--crazy_love: Oh an Maximus is going to the vet in a few days so I will have the vet look at that too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts