Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find Revolution anywhere in where I live at the moment. Some pet shops who carry them said they usually ran out within a few days after restocking and most others only carry Frontline. I don't know why it's so hard to find them here. The price is not really much more expensive than frontline yet it covers a lot of parasites.
My sister will be home for Christmas and I was going to ask her to buy them for me. The thing is, she said I have to buy 3 dosages all at once, and since my puppy is only 12 wks old, he is going to grow fast and would fall into different dosages before I can use up the rest of the dosages
The pet shop there (Singapore) suggested buying the one for larger dogs and just use half the dosage (or according to the dosage chart) and keep the rest for the following month (and they said its ok to do that since it has screwed-on cap). Is this true? is it possible for it to go bad after you break the seal?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Vets sell it in singles, I would assume. Call around and find out. We do this often for our clients that have growing puppies. However, we have Frontline.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
How much does your puppy weigh now? Revolution dosages come in ranges for weight,
Dogs weight:
10 - 20lbs
20 - 40 lbs
40 - 85 lbs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vets sell it in singles, I would assume. Call around and find out. We do this often for our clients that have growing puppies. However, we have Frontline.
I tried contacting a few vets including mine. They mostly only have frontline as people here usually opt for cheaper alternative. I will try to get my sister to buy them from vets there.

How much does your puppy weigh now? Revolution dosages come in ranges for weight,
Dogs weight:
10 - 20lbs
20 - 40 lbs
40 - 85 lbs
He is around 16lbs right now at 3 months old. If I have to buy 3 dosages at once, then he will grow out of 10-20lbs range, and probably reach 40-85lbs range by the time he is 6 months old.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
If your sister is buying them in the US, she can ask for one of each, then you can use the appropriate dosage each month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts