Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to suggest that since doodles and other intentional mixes appear to be here to stay, that they have a section dedicated to them, such as "Other Pets" where threads and posts about them can be maintained.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
I like this idea.

~Jackie

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Go to the back of the bus, you mean?

We do already have the Other Pets section but new members may not understand yet how our forum is organized or what constitutes an "other pet."

Now, if we could dedicate an entire section to just Koda -- I'd be all for that! :D

·
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. We do have an "Other Pets" forum. But the doodle threads/posts rarely start/end there. Since there seems to be an interest in them (apparently as more then "other pets") giving them a dedicated section woul make it easier for those interested to find them, while still being separate from Goldens, which they are not.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Easier to find or easier to target?

I can only think of two golden doodles on this forum, one is Koda and the other, Rusty, is recent.

Serioulsy, you seem to have no trouble finding the doodle threads.

·
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My guns have been aimed at the practices of those intentionally producing mixed breeds, and promoting/marketing them as something that they are not, not at the puppies themselves or their owners. All my posts made on the topic clearly prove that, and to accuse me of "targeting" them is unfounded.
Those intent on defending them might "target" posters other than myself who have made much more disparaging comments about them than have I, when I've actually used the word "cute" to describe some.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Would we then have to make owners of golden/lab mixes use that section, too:confused:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I totally agree! Excellent idea!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I'm not sure my guy is not a mix and he is as good as a pedigreed pup to me.
This really hurts my feelings even though I believe you mean intentional mixes.
Just skip the posts about the non purebred if you can't accept them.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I don't think I like the idea. I think people will see giving Doodles their own space as giving validity to the "breed." And then people who have golden mixes that they adopted, not because they intentionally wanted a doodle, would those people not be able to post about their dogs in the other sections?

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Copper's Mom, I'm certain that PG is referring to the intentionally bred, intentionally purchased "designer dogs" which are sold for a premium price as an improvement on our poor quality purebred dogs.
I can't imagine any of us wanting any of you with rescued, adopted, or accidentally bred golden mixes having to post to any other section(s) of the forum. We love Copper, Pudden, gosh, lots and lots of others.
I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. I'm certain that was not Laura's intent.

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Eh, that's a difficult one. I see your point, and I agree with you totally on the doodles. If it is to be done I would tend to say it should be a GoldenX section as opposed to dedicated to doodles. That way people with crosses could talk about the differences similarities of crosses--maybe guesstimate as to what their crosses have in 'em.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I don't really want to see some of our long standing members with mixes having to post to a different section of the forum. Then would we have a "golden cross" senior section? A "golden cross" puppy section?

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Can't we all just talk about or dogs?

I post my GSD and my Whippet in the Golden Pictures section when they're playing with my Goldens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own goldens with pedigree's as most of you do. But the comment"go to the back of the bus" has really kinda summed up this whole idea. All dogs are mixed breed of some sort of another. Some are recognized some are not, do you think if ppeople felt the same way back when the first goldens were bred that they would be what they are today. I think not.

The idea sucks and the dog racism is just as bad. Wake up people ... goldens are awesome dogs, but so is the one thats in the pound with the same amount of love to give but no one to give it to. The whole holier than thou thing because you have a paper on your dog is so yesterday's new.

I neglected to add that maybe there should also be a section for goldens with long ears, or short ears, poor head set, wrong height. I mean if your gonna sort em out ... why not sort em out. Maybe there should be a section for those with perfect dogs. It seems it would only have one member to me.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts