Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you hate it when you see your golden chewing on something so you have to do a slimy mouth sweep but you can't feel anything. The only thing worse that one slimy mouth sweep is two when you double check. You still don't find anything so you let him go...and he keeps chewing on something. You sigh and as much as you hate it, go in a third (can't find it...) then fourth time. Sometimes, I do finally find it. This is not one of those times. So I had to wash my hands for a long time with a lot of soap to get all that golden slimy spit off of me!! Ugh.

Feel free to use "Don't you hate it when...." story starter and share with us the things that bother you re: your golden. It's likely some of us can sympathize!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Yep.. sometimes mine will be munching and I'll go sweep the mouth and find nothing, 2 seconds later he's chewing again. I swear, they must have pockets in their cheeks that just hide all the things they are not supposed to have when my fingers start probing their mouths for it. It's usually a small piece of ripped paper or a string or something, and that's why they keep mouthing it because they can't swallow it fast enough to hide the evidence!!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I can relate to that one. Don't have to do it nearly as often these days now that they are grown.

My "Don't you hate it when" is when they get poop in their tail feathers. Such a pain to clean that off.

·
Registered
306 Posts
yep, a full oral exam, lol. i use both hands. one in each big, slobbery, flappy jowl. i always come out of that situation with pieces of cardboard, clear cellophane, and slobber.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can also sympathize with this one - I swear she hides tings on purpose right at the back of her mouth!!

My "don't you hate it when" is when Jesse stands just out of reach when she has something she shouldn't. Just looking at me, daring me to come closer!! (Generally it now only happens with things that are "really good" like dead fish at the beach!)

·
Banned
42 Posts
Hahaha! Yes! I still have no clue where she hides it! Luna's gotten smarter, though...whenever I ask "what do you have in your mouth?" she immediately stops chewing and stares at me until I look away. Her guilty stare usually gives her away. Cracks me up every time!

Don't you hate it when your golden finds out how to be sneakier?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Been there, done that and YES I hate it too. UGH.... I think they do it on purpose. I swear Kirby does it just to "get Mom". If she has something she really wants to chew on she won't come anywhere near me, but when she plops down in front of me and starts it I really think she saying "I dare you"!! Little Brat.

Don't you hate it when - fresh from the tub they do the "I gotta go Mom" wiggle. So, you let them out with a "just business and back in" and they come back covered in mud......:doh: Not even dry from the bath yet!!!!! :no:

·
Michelle, M & M's mommy
432 Posts
Don't you hate it when you are trying to be all parental and stern with your Golden and they turn on their eyebrows so you melt and return to your original putty state in their paws?

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Don't you hate when you have to get out of bed in the morning and right when you've gotten enough willpower to pull the covers off, your golden sighs and nestles into your side and lays his head on you?

I've almost been late for work three days so far this week!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I also "hate it when" Ruby decides to have a messy poop and it goes all over her tail feathers and skirt. What a pain it is to get it all cleaned off. Especially when she is going around in circles not letting me get to the dreaded area.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't you hate when you have to get out of bed in the morning and right when you've gotten enough willpower to pull the covers off, your golden sighs and nestles into your side and lays his head on you?

I've almost been late for work three days so far this week!

Sigh. I wouldn't know. I wake up and I have an 80 pound golden licking me silly and jumping all over the bed. Makes a good alarm clock though.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Hahaha momtoMax, maybe if i had that I'd be able to get to work on time! Every morning when my alarm goes off, Ranger moves closer to me and curls into a tighter little ball. Like he's saying "just a few more minutes, then we can get up". No wonder I stayed in bed 40 mins past my alarm this morning...neither of us want to get out bed in the morning! (And ranger went to bed at 8pm last night too...I love my sleepy dog).

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahaha momtoMax, maybe if i had that I'd be able to get to work on time! Every morning when my alarm goes off, Ranger moves closer to me and curls into a tighter little ball. Like he's saying "just a few more minutes, then we can get up". No wonder I stayed in bed 40 mins past my alarm this morning...neither of us want to get out bed in the morning! (And ranger went to bed at 8pm last night too...I love my sleepy dog).

Wanna trade for a week? :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh, geez, it's good to find fellow sweepers !
Since my Golden ate a rock I am constantly on vigil for unknown items in his mouth.
HOW DO THEY DO THAT HIDING THING? One sweep down to the gullet, come out all slimy and sure nuff, crunch, crunch, back in the mouth!
Another sweep, slimed, fiding nothing then crunch crunch, back to whatever was originally there. I swear they have the gift for hiding their treasures until we go away then back to crunching them.
I am hoping that the snow holds until Trinian forgets about chewing ( and swallowing rocks.) Nice to know my fellow "SLIMERS" !!!

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't you hate it when your golden does something bad and you tell him "No! Bad dog!" and he just wags his tail harder and cuddles close for pats and tries to lick you? Geez, he doesn't get it at all!

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Don't ya just hate it....when you just start to take your first sip of coffee on your walk and they jump a squirrel and bolt??!!! Sooooooooooo many sweatshirts have coffee stains on them!!!

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Yes!! It's not a tenth as gross when it's one of the sighthounds.

My "Don't you hate it when..." would have to be the following: don't you hate it when you give a dog a pill, they act like they swallowed it, then they walk away and spit it out :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Uhg! Yesterday we went on a walk and Daisy picked up and started chewing on something. I went to get it out and no luck. I had to bend over and look up into her mouth to find it and pull it out. I think it was some kind of animal poop! Sooooo Sooo so gross!!! :yuck: So I threw it and the little brat went to find it (she was off leash) Had to do the whole thing over again! :doh: Eww!!!

My I hate it when is when we are on a walk and I have to fish something out of her mouth and have no where to clean my hand! (See above!!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts