Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we had chicken and steak fajitas for dinner (yum). I was getting ready to leave the house this afternoon to run a few errands and planned on taking the trash out (tomorrow is our trash pickup day). Pulled out the bag, tied it up and set it on the floor in the kitchen, leaning against the cupboard. Got my coat, purse and keys and walked straight out of the house. Totally forgot the garbage bag. This bag not only had the remains of the cooked meat from last night, but also some raw chicken, 1/4 of a chocolate cake that DH and I didn't like, an empty can of wet cat food and numerous other stinky, smelly, tasty items.

As I was sitting in line at the bank drive-thru it came to me that I had left the bag sitting on the kitchen floor. :doh::doh::doh: I'd already been gone for about 25 minutes and it was going to be another 15 before I could get back. :uhoh::uhoh:

So I get home, walk in the door and I'm afraid to look around the corner. But I do, and there is the bag of trash sitting right where I left it.....

.....untouched.

Holy crap, I don't know what I did to deserve such a good boy, but he is. I love my Merl!!! He got some extra treats tonight when we played "find it" on the ball field tonight!

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::banana:

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
What an angel!! The ending of that story would have been much different in my house LOL

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
My post would have ended...."and I couldn't find the bag of trash anywhere. He must have eaten everything, bag and all!"

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Merlin, you get the award for excellent canine of the day! Some of them are just angels dressed in dog costumes.

·
Registered
538 Posts
that's so cool! I don't know if Allie could've done that.. but if she did, I think I would've thrown a party!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Merlin you rock!!

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
That is impressive. I have never left Jupiter out of his crate alone long enough to know what he would do, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he would have torn into the trash bag in that situation. Merlin is truly magical!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow!! He is one great golden!!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Wow, lucky you! Merlin's such a good boy. For some reason I just can't seem to picture the same outcome at my house. ;)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
WTG Merlin! Love that pic of him with his toy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts