Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Honey & Isabel
306 Posts
This whole story is wonderful.....................from the very first post from Caues original owner to the transport arrangements to finally meeting with Oakly............it does bring a tear to my eye cause it's sad, sad, happy happy story............such a difficult decision originally to give him up for for such the right reasons and boy how happy is this boy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have loved seeing the photo's and it's been fab sharing the journey with Rob!:)

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
This was a wonderful story. I wasn't here on GRF much till last spring.
Rob, have you kept in touch with Hilton or viceversa?
If I had to give up my boys, Heaven forbid, I would beg you to take them. : )

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Boy what a heartwarming story Caue has, on both sides of his family. He has been one lucky boy to have found 2 very special dads in his short life. Someone's sure looking out for this special boy.

Pass the Kleenex please.

·
<---- Andy Farmer!
5,885 Posts
Ok, biggest LOSER here...I was on here last year at this time, and this is my first post--geez!

Happy gotcha' Day Caue, Rob and Oakly! :dblthumb2

I don't think I ever knew his story, or maybe I forgot. Well now off to read the transport thread!! LOL

·
and now Mollie's mom too
1,268 Posts
Okay Rob, ya got me, I was reading the beginning of the thread thinking,
"haven't I heard this story before? Could there really be 2 goldens named Caue?
The date is Jan 27th and the first post is only Jan 18th, less than 2 weeks ago, what is going on?"
BIG DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, this is 2009 not 2008, brain cramp!!!!:doh:
Anyway congratulations on your anniversary and so happy for you, Oakly and Caue. It was and still is a great story.
Kathi

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Wow, it is hard to think a year has gone by since this great story played out here. It truly was a very difficult thing for Hilton to do, but he just wanted what was best for his Caue.
Tell us, have you heard from Hilton since you got Caue?

·
2,472 Posts
Suppose we could arrange a transport to Maine??? :p: I hope that was the beer talking. :p:
LOL - thank goodness for beer :) 'tis a good thing I wasn't on the board yet, or I might have fought you for him ;)

This thread reads like a novel!

Are you still in contact with Caue's original owner? He did the noble and difficult thing giving Caue up; he should know how well he's doing now :)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Hilton still checks in here once in a while. I went and checked and the last time was earlier this month. I swap stories with him some on his member page.

LOL - thank goodness for beer :) 'tis a good thing I wasn't on the board yet, or I might have fought you for him ;)

This thread reads like a novel!

Are you still in contact with Caue's original owner? He did the noble and difficult thing giving Caue up; he should know how well he's doing now :)

·
But, my name is Debbi
1,715 Posts
Wow, what a wonderful story. I wondered how you came about adopting Caue. Amazing how things work out sometimes!!!
I think the luckiest ones in this happy ending are Caue & Oakly. They are two happy brothers now!!! YaHOO!!!!!

·
2,472 Posts
Oakley&Caue's dad -

after reading this thread, I've come to wonder how lucky pups like Caue and Oak come to have their own island!

Is it because:
1) you're a billionaire
2) you're a hermit
3) you're a light house conductor?

Please, fill me in before I explode with envy!

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Wow!! A year has gone by ALREADY!!!!! I remember reading that thread the night he first posted it and then I remember being so happy that Oakley was going to get a brother. This all happened right after Leah's transport to Canada. For anyone who wasn't a member at that time that is also a wonderful story. I'll have to look it up on You Tube.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts