Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
red golden Pira
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am currently living in San Diego but planning to move to San Francisco on the Summer. Does any of you by any chance have suggestions about what neighborhood is best for our furry friends? Dog parks? Dog beach? Cafes?

All best!

Tania (and Pira!)

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
I grew up in San Francisco all the way through high school. We were in Sea Ciff with a pretty good sized back yard. We were very close to a few beaches China Beach and Bakers Beach. Bakers beach is the larger of the two, beautiful view of the golden gate and dog friendly. You do have to be careful with your dog as there are a number of bait fisherman who fish it and they can be careless with bait & hooks.

Pacific Heights is another nice area which lies adjacent to the Presidio a very large wooded area similar to a park.

It's a wonderful place to live...I think both you and your dog will love it.

Pete

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
It isn't a place to live but Fort Funston is like doggy Disneyland. There are SO many fun places to go with your dog in SF.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Fort Funston is great--acres of off-leash park with a beach. Chrissy Field is supposed to be good too--haven't been yet. My sister lived in SF for years and said there were many nice dog parks. It's been a while since I lived there so I'm no help on the best neighborhoods. But I'm sure you can get someone to help with that.

You might want to join the GR meet-up group. They do lots of hikes and outdoor stuff. Welcome to No Cal. Hope you enjoy it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts