Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've recently received an LL Bean catalog in the mail, and noticed that they sell dog beds. Also, I've noticed that dog beds in general aren't cheap.

Currently, Sara (my 6 year old dog) sleeps on a cheap dog bed bought from Bed Bath & Beyond (US household goods store). I think it might be time to get her a better bed.

Anyone have any suggestions? What do you use?
Are $50+ beds worth it? Durable? Easy to wash?

Thanks!

Mikhal

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We live just 2 hours from LL bean and I swear we buy everything there! Both of our dogs have LL Bean beds and they are GREAT! Our older dog has arthritis and the bed has been really comfortable for her. You can take the covers off to wash them and even buy replacement covers. I would highly recommend the LL Bean dog beds. Our pups love them! Plus, LL Bean warranties all of their products for life. Even if you have had it for 10 years and something goes wrong with it, they will exchange it or give you a store credit. This summer, I returned an LL Bean backpack that I had for like 8 years because the zipper broke and I got a store credit for what I had paid when I bought it.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
My two seem to prefer the floor over the dog beds so I can't give you any advice. Granted I just have a couple of cheap WalMart dog beds but most of the time they are on the floor or up on my bed or the couch.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have always used dog beds from Costco and they have been great. They wash well, last for years and the dogs seem to love them.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
both of mine have beds from Sams club-memory foam.They are great and price is rigth.Let me find my tread about them .

·
Mom to Cannon
659 Posts
Do you have a Costco? We had a bed from there with our last Golden, and got one for Cannon as well and they are really great beds...pretty much the same quality you would get from a pet store for less than 20 bucks. I don't have any experience with LL Bean but I do know there stuff is very good quality!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I made mine. Got the material and sewed a big rectangle and stuffed it. Kept one corner open and velcoured it so I can remove or replace the stuffing. Cost me probably less than $30 for both. I used the thick denim in tan and one side has goldens on it.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I swear by our Kuranda beds. Although they each have their own (and spend lot of time there), here is a picture of the two of them sharing Wilson's:

This is what I want to get! I convinced DH it was worth it to spring for the doggy daycare, but he would absolutely laugh in my face if I suggested spending over $100 on a dog bed - especially because our dog prefers the cold kitchen floor over ANYTHING!!

I second the Costco dog beds - $20 and they're great quality... there is even one that has cedar chips in it, so it stays smelling fresh...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hi i have 2 trampoline dog beds for my dogs plus a kennel i have build another kennel for Shelley. The trampoline beds i have look like this.

My dogs are funny they keep switching places where to seleep one minute in the kennel, next on the trampoline,then on cement.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I get the dog beds from Cotco for $26.They are round and large!.As they are not too expensive,you can change them every 2 or 3 yrs!.The cover is washable!!.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
This is what I want to get! I convinced DH it was worth it to spring for the doggy daycare, but he would absolutely laugh in my face if I suggested spending over $100 on a dog bed - especially because our dog prefers the cold kitchen floor over ANYTHING!!

I second the Costco dog beds - $20 and they're great quality... there is even one that has cedar chips in it, so it stays smelling fresh...
I don't know why, but doggies just love Kuranda beds. The beds you get from Sam's, Walmart, Etc are great. They are cheap, so when they get old and tired, you just toss them.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
My in laws have dog beds from LL Bean for their greyhound, Seneca.
Like most beds, you cant wash the bed itself - only the cover...
Surprisingly dog vomit and diarrhea seeps right through the cover! LOL

I picked up the memory foam bed from Sam's for $26.00 - Lexi my old girl does like it now that the floors are getting colder...Liberty and Trace prefer the cold hard floor....go figure....

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Kuranda beds in this house. We have them in almost every room...... tres chic !!! lol They are chewproof and very good for any ortho probs. They are also up off the floors. Easily cleaned, disinfected too !!! Although they are a little pricey, but considering they don't have to be continually replaced, it's a very good value. www.kuranda.com (if I remember right)

·
Registered
78 Posts
My two prefer sleeping with me, but Rocky has no bed anymore, he malts like crazy and too much hair all over the bed is just not good, funny how he don't malt on my bed o_O

Honey has the type that you roll up in and rocky squeezes his big self into it lol

They both like the floor a lot as well though.

Maybe you should see where your dog likes sleeping the most and then decide from there.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Kuranda beds in this house. We have them in almost every room...... tres chic !!! lol They are chewproof and very good for any ortho probs. They are also up off the floors. Easily cleaned, disinfected too !!! Although they are a little pricey, but considering they don't have to be continually replaced, it's a very good value. www.kuranda.com (if I remember right)
How did your dogs take to it in the beginning? That might be something for us. I love that it just wipes off and it's clean.
Elke

1 - 20 of 23 Posts