Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 1/2 year old male Golden Retriever. He is playful and healthy, he hasn't had any major problems.
A few days ago he started to act weird, he wouldn't eat and wouldn't come near the house (he lives outside, in the backyard). After two days, he was normal again, but today he started to act weird once again.
Also, he barks a lot more than he usually did.
We have some sort of a terrace at the back of our house and that's where he sleeps during the winter and now he won't even come on the terrace, I put some treats for him near the edge of the terrace and he still didn't come.
When I try to pet him, he puts his head down and he doesn't really move like he used to do.
Did this happen to any of you? Can you please give me some suggestions?

PS: Excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker and I'm only 14.

·
Kate
22,284 Posts
Do you have neighbors teasing him out there? Could something be scaring him? Or animals? Had he been in to see the vet lately to rule out health issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He hasn't been to the vet in about a year, the vet only gives him yearly vaccines.
There are some dogs in the neighborhood, but they are quite friendly and they get along well with my dog.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Alex are you from Ploiesti? Maybe there is a gypsy trying to steal your dog?? I used to date a girl in Romania. Corina Constantin, there's a million of them though lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts